Image Map

Sunday, March 22, 2015

*Recipe* My Meatloaf

I've always been a meatloaf fan, there is no better comfort food that meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  Since it is slowly getting to be spring, but still pretty cold I thought it was the perfect time to make one last batch of meatloaf.  I actually sat down and worked up my own meatloaf recipe for the first time and luckily it turned out really great.  This recipe can be made into an actual loaf, muffins or used as meatballs.  I usually wrap a small chunk of fresh mozzarella in the mixture to make my meatballs and they turn out great.   So enjoy!  I encourage experimenting and adapting all recipes, especially one as versatile as this.



Ingredients

Mixture
-2.5 lbs of a mixture of any of the following: ground beef, ground veal, ground turkey and ground pork
-2 eggs
-2 slices white bread
-1/2 cup quick cooking oats
-1 small onion, chopped


-2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
-1 tbsp dried basil
-1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
-1 tbsp ground pepper
-cooking spray for coating the pan


Sauce
-3/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
-2 tbsp steak sauce
-2 tbsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp garlic salt


Directions

-Coat 12 muffin tins or a loaf pan with cooking spray
-Preheat oven to 375F
-mix all ingredients for the meat mixture in a large bowl.  Either half it and freeze one half or use all mixture for a large batch.  Fill muffin tins to very top.  
-Combine all ingredients for the sauce and spoon over top of the muffin mixture or loaf.  I like to use lots.


-Bake for 25 minutes for the muffins, longer for the loaf.  Make sure that a meat thermometer registers at 160F.
-Let sit for 5 minutes and then enjoy with mashed potatoes and peas.  They muffins can actually be topped with the mashed potatoes for different touch.






No comments:

Post a Comment