Image Map

Friday, January 4, 2019

Christmas 2018

Well, another one in the books, Christmas 2018 has come and gone and even though we didn't have any family visiting we had a pretty great day.  Presents, a delicious breakfast and the beach.  I also went pretty all out with there Christmas decorations in the house.  It was quite shocking how many decorations I actually have, having them all in the same spot for the first time.  They house is so cozy I really don'e want to take everything down!  I thought I would share the decorations, my gifts and some photos from the day if anyone is interested!  I hope everyone had an amazing NYE and all the best in 2019!

I love our Christmas tree/fireplace/mantle area this year!  It was so cozy, and it is cold enough in Florida this year to make good use of the fireplace. In The second picture you can also see the Santa and reindeer I added on to the fireplace door using Chalk Couture paint and stencils.






This was the first tree I put up and probably my favorite.  It was decorated with all sea and beach themed ornaments, and with a garland I made of shells.  I really am considering never taking this one down! 

Thank you to everyone for the Christmas cards!  We broke a record this year for sure and I love getting cards!


I made this little snowman from some leftover Halloween pumpkins and he turned out so well.  I used sea glass for the eyes and mouth, an Olive shell for the nose, Turban shells for the buttons and some driftwood for the arms.


This is my bedroom tree, and its the first time I've had a bedroom, AND I will never not have one!  It was so relaxing and pretty to lay and look at. and yes there is also garland on the headboard.  





This is my little Peanuts musical set.  Check out the video, its so cute!  I got the 4 human characters and lights at Hallmark last year during Christmas clearance.  Josh got me Snoopy this year as part of my Christmas present.


A bit of my snow globe collection.  The 2018 one was a gift from Josh and I got the Snoopy one on clearance at CVS on Boxing Day.













I bought a set of 250 snowflakes and put them on almost every window and light fixture.  They look so pretty.  




Smudge in her Christmas toque.



Mom got me this candle years ago, and it smelled so good I was saving it.  I decided to light it this year and I never knew there was this beautiful Pinecone in it!



I love my little Charlie Brown Christmas tree on the breakfast nook table!  And you can see my Christmas cactuses pre-bloom behind it.









My stairwell Christmas tree and one of my ceramic trees.


Entryway.



This is the gorgeous table runner that my mom made for me last year.  So in love with it, I wish I didn't have to put it away.




We did pretty well outside this year, but after Christmas I went to Walmart and bought all the lights so next year will be epic.  You can also see my blow up Snoopy, one of my gifts from Stephanie and Steve.  In the nighttime picture you can see one of the projectors we had out.   We had another one but it was almost impossible to take a picture of.


Some more Chalk Couture on the door (the snowflakes and truck), the sign I made at Aerie Lane, and  both of my homemade wreaths. 






My pink Christmas cactus that waited until the 26th to bloom.  The White one bloomed on the 30th.


Our coffee table with the Christmas coasters my mom made.




I made some Pillsbury Hot Cocoa buns Christmas Eve.  They were delicious and they look so cute in this pan.


We did our Christmas dinner on Christmas eve so I didn't have to cook all day of Christmas Day.


We went to Indian Trails on Christmas eve (one of the top 10 neighborhoods in the US for Christmas lights) and these are a couple faves. 




Christmas morning:






Smudge trying out her new blanket.


Some stocking stuffers:



Necklaces from mom


All My Chrissy stuff.


Watch from the Marstons


Stuff from Stephanie and Steve. got my Maine mug finally!



Awesome stuff from Miranda and the gorgeous ring that was in the bath bomb.  Really hard to take a good picture of it but I love it.



Toothbrush and Snorkel gear from Josh.





Got a few mugs!



my 2 favorite David's teas from Michelle


Best margarita glass ever from my parents




And the best tea pot from my parents.


The piece de resistance, 4 bags of loads of ketchup from Michelle.


And a pretty sign from Michelle.


Mean Girls flamingo bag and tea towel from mom and cute tank top from Nicole.


Silk pillow case from Josh.


Managed to remember to include the deep freeze from my parents.



We got awesome beach chairs from Stephanie and Steve.


I know I missed some gifts and various gift cards, ornaments and my teapot (previously seen on my blog) from grandma. Thank you to everyone for everything, I am so grateful!




And NYE in Palm Harbor! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, your cat...too cute! Love all the festive decor. Very pretty. I really like that watch you received.

    ReplyDelete