Image Map

Friday, March 29, 2019

Fab Friday Faves 3.29.19 (actually all of March)


HI everyone! And a very happy Friday! This month has been a whirlwind and has been great.  I had my birthday, we've done some great events and, on St. Patrick's Day, after a day in Dunedin, my parents dropped in for a surprise visit.  They stayed nine days and we had an awesome time and did a bunch of yard work that would have taken Josh and I weeks.  Since I've been so busy, and not blogging at all, I've decided to show you some of my favorite things from the whole month.   I really am going to try to be better and blog more in April, because I have a few recipes and events I'd like to share!  For anyone wondering how Josh and I reacted to my parents coming thousands of miles and surprising us, here is the video.  I've need been very good at surprised reactions, I get really tongue tied and think I'm losing my mind. 



Before I forget, happy 28th anniversary to my parents this weekend as well! 

Onto a few of my favorites from the month! 


Mom bought me this flamingo when we first bought the house and he has faded a lot in three years, so I decided to repaint him.  I think he is now a she, but regardless I think he looks beautiful. 


I found this horse conch around Christmas and its kinda broken but still nice enough to use, so I put some succulents and moss in it and it turned out beautifully! 


These were my St. Patrick's Day nails, couldn't make myself go any greener, but they are really cute! 






One of my favorite events was in town on St. Patricks day weekend again, the Safety Harbor Bloomin' Chalk Fest.  I love this event, the artists are SO talented and the murals are so colorful and beautiful.  These are just some of them that I got good pictures of and the photos don't even do them justice.  I believe this is a circuit, so if they come to your town, definitely check it out! 


While we were at the Chalkfest, we stopped for lunch at Barfly, a newish restaurant in the heart of downtown Safety Harbor.  The Grouper Sandwich and burger were both amazing and they have an awesome beer selection.



Just a couple pictures of me and Smudge and I celebrating St. Patrick's Day. 


I took a jewelry class a couple weeks ago, also in Safety Harbor, at Francie's Studio Fifth Avenue. It's a cute little gallery that I have been checking out for a few years now and she does some great four person classes most weeks.  I did the twisted metal class, where I learned to shape and hammer copper wire into some beautiful pieces of jewelry.  My main piece was my bracelet, but I made the pendant and earrings from some of my practice pieces and scraps.  So much fun, I am going to do her fused glass class in the near future.


Like I said, my parents arrived on St. Patrick's Day, and aside from them doing a TON of yard work  for us, we managed to have some fun and enjoy the yard. (sneak peak of the starting of the seawall transformation behind them).


Again in Safety Harbor (apparently I've spent all of my time there lately?) Is Cafe Vino Tinto.  I have walked by here a lot of times, but I never realized how beautiful it is.  The cutest, most zen place I've seen in a long time.  Not to mention the coffee is delicious and well priced.  Their food looked yummy too.  Check it out if you haven't yet!


Of course mom and I did a fair amount of shelling during their time here, we didn't find anything crazy but she still managed to take home a huge bag full.  ;)


We had to of course take in a Blue Jays Spring Training game in Dunedin, this one against the Orioles and the Jays won!  It was a great game, and it was the first evening game I have been to.  It was amazing not to get scorched in the sun!

Today I'm linking up with:



No comments:

Post a Comment