Image Map

Saturday, May 9, 2020

*Recipe* No Bake Lactation Energy Bites




I was never one of those people that HAD TO breastfeed. I thought I would give it a try, and if it happened easily, I would continue, if not, I wasn't concerned. When I ended up having a C-section and needing a transfusion, the nurses advised me that it may take a while for me to be able to get much of a supply.  Luckily, Finn took right to breastfeeding and I had some great nurses and lactation consultants at the hospital.  I have struggled to keep my supply up though, so I have tried various things to boost it, while supplementing with formula. I've used Milky Mama tea, lactation smoothies, a stout or porter beer a couple times and week and these, one of my favorites.  They are super easy, no bake and are dairy free, which is important to me as I am currently on a dairy free diet due to Finn's sensitivity to lactose in my milk. Along with all that, they are delicious.  I even catch Josh sneaking them from the fridge quite often! Make sure you store these in the fridge so they don't melt and they should keep for a couple weeks. 

No Bake Lactation Energy Bites

Ingredients

  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp Brewer's Yeast
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of your choosing)
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut (optional)



Directions

  • In a large bowl combine the oats, Brewer's Yeast and flaxseed.

  • Mix in the honey, peanut butter, vanilla and coconut oil.
  • Fold in the chocolate chips and coconut.

  • Press and roll into balls.
  • Enjoy!



 Thanks to "Mom Makes Dinner" for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment