Image Map

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Festival and Fair Fun

Over the last couple of months, Josh and I have been able to attend a few different fairs and festivals both in New Jersey and New York.  The end of summer and beginning of Autumn seem to be prime time for the best events here and we were luckily enough to get to stick around to enjoy them all for the second time.  I have included some of my favorites and if you ever get a chance to attend them, you won't regret it!  


Located in the Grove Street area of JC this was a HUGE fair taking up almost eight city blocks filled with over 250 vendors with everything from Food, to body care, to art and crafts as well as live music.  I literally spent hours wandering around enjoying delicious food and buying some really cool stuff. Then I made Josh come back with me that evening.



Go Lokal, a new app were set up giving out prizes and promoting their app.  I got interviewed and got a cool running shirt.


Taproot Organics, my favorite natural, local skin care line:


Yup a dancing tooth:


 A Mac Daddy; 2 macarons filled with ice cream and rolled in fruity pebbles from MilkSugarLove:



Pitmaster Live Benson was set up and had a huge line so I never tried it but it smelled amazing!:


A lot of salami!:


Crab Fries from the delicious Just BeClaws:


Baked goodies from Grandma Downtown:


Some amazing honey from a local apiary:


Some of my swag. a Really cool pillow for our house when we get it, a shirt from one of my favorite bloggers in JC, ChicPeaJC and my GoLokal shirt that i won.


The best ever wax melts (the smell stays strong for 2 days!) from White Birch Candle Co. and my Honeycomb soap from Taproot.



This was one of the best festivals I have ever been to.  Filled with dozens of coffee vendors from all over Manhattan and actually, the world, giving out samples.  I attended this event by myself unfortunately, but it would have been amazing to have a few samples, sit and visit then try some more.  Most of the proceeds from the event went to Project Waterfall, a charity started by Robert DeNiro's wife, to provide clean water to coffee growers all over the world.  Actually both DeNiro and Leonardo DiCaprio were at the event, but not while I was there :(

There were competitions throughout the day featuring baristas ranking coffees on their taste as well as matching coffees to to each other while blindfolded.  




Starbucks Reserve:


The Espresso Marini Lounge using Robert DeNiro's Vodka brand and his wife's coffee brand.  These were awesome and really strong.



One of my favorite tea brands, Tea Pigs was there.  I had to buy they variety pack that they had on special for the show.



This girl is hardcore!


Some info about Project Waterfall:


Art using Coffee.  This one using colored coffee beans and the bottom one using different strengths of coffee.



An awesome Iced Chai Latte.


Iced Latte on Tap at La Columbe.


Live music:




Just a short walk away in Hamilton Park in JC, was the Hamilton Park BBQ Festival filled with amazing BBQ vendors from all over the country and great live entertainment.  The place was packed but we still managed to have some DELICIOUS food and awesome drinks from a couple local bars.  






This one was very similar to the Jersey City Street Fair, but with more music and a more local hometown feel.  Hoboken is more of a small town and I always find that things over there are calmer and less pushy which I love.  There were three separate music stages with Art and Food filling in the 6 blocks in between.  


A dealership had some of my favorite cars on display including my BMW I8!


A vendor with alcohol bottles filled with little lights ad some other cool things.


Love these old windows with beach scenes:


The Hoboken motorcycle Club set up next to the Hoboken Police:



mmmm... street corn!




As most people I am a major Pickle lover, so for the second year in a row we went down to the Lower East Side of Manhattan for Pickle Day.  There were around 20 pickle vendors from all over the country with an additional 20 or so vendors that are somewhat pickle related or had something pickle flavored for the day.  We totally both hit our pickle limit after trying most of the pickles and pickle related items.  So fun!



A pickle dancing with an "old lady"  haha


Some of the pickle swag at one of the booths:



We took it easy and didn't get too much, but I LOVE my new shirt that has the I Pickle NY logo on it!





Our last stop was to check out the Diwali Festival in Hoboken, on Pier A right beside the train station.  This is one of my favorite parks and the whole thing was filled with entertainment, beautiful indian clothes and jewelry and of course food.  I also got this beautiful Henna.





1 comment: