Image Map

Friday, October 27, 2017

Fab Friday Faves 10.27.17

Happy Friday everyone and a very Happy Birthday to the world's greatest Stepdad, Jim! Last week was really quiet, and I could not come up with five favorites, so here we are this week.  Josh and I enjoyed a gorgeous, very un-fall like weekend, by going to the last day of the Maryland Renaissance festival and to the U.S Oyster Shucking competition and Maryland Oyster Festival.  This week I spent most of my time out and about enjoying the real fall weather and getting into the Fall and Halloween Spirit.  Everyone have a great Halloween weekend and stay safe!



Josh and I attended the second last day of the Maryland renaissance Festival.  The Festival runs two months, every year and is pretty amazing.  The whole huge festival area is done up as a Renaissance town and is permanently there.  There was tons of food and drink, plays, live music, street performers, shops with all kinds of items to purchase, falconry, a jousting show, a petting zoo and many other things to keep everyone entertained.  There were some amazing costumes, so the next one we go to we are definitely dressing up!



On Wednesday I went for a drive to check out some of my favorite places for fall foliage.  On my way to Chapel Point, I noticed a sign that I didn't remember so I pulled in and it was a brand new county park!  They were actually just getting some final work done on it while I was there but I went on a walk to check out some off the trails.  There is an eagle nest observation area, a butterfly garden and about 3 miles of trails that go along the river and through the woods.  There is an open house with a guided walk tomorrow if anyone seeing this is interested!



On Sunday we went to Leonardtown, to the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds to the Maryland Oyster Festival and U'S Oyster Shucking Competition.  We tried some delicious oysters and checked out a ton of local craft vendors.  they also had live music and tons to do for the whole family.



My October Expack arrived last week and I think it was the best one yet.  I got Ketchup chips (it's no secret they are my favorite), Cheezies, Some Tim Hortons coffee, butter tarts and a Crunchie Bar.  Yum!



I got some new boots from Kohls the other day.  I have been looking for some wine/burgundy boots for quite a while, and these ones were super comfy and the perfect color.  Not to mention, thanks to a sale, a Kohl's 20% off coupon and Nicole letting me use her $5 Kohl's Cash they were about 60% off!


Today I'm linking up with:



SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment