Image Map

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

*Recipe* Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day... I'm not really sure how; wasn't Christmas, like, last week?  Anyway, I'm always looking for fun holiday themed recipes and was having some trouble finding a good Valentines one this year.  I came across this recipe and it wasn't Valentinesy at all but sounded delicious and I knew I could doctor them up and make them pretty.  Not only did they turn out delicious, they are ridiculously simple and only really have five ingredients.  From what I understand they were at hit at work and I have barely had the willpower to keep my hands out of the cookie jar myself.  Have a Love-ly Valentine's (or Galentine's or Singles Appreciation Day or whatever you celebrate) and whether its a happy day or not, these cookies will make your day even better!




Ingredients

*I recommend making a double batch*

  • 4 ounces cream cheese softened 
  • 6 Tbsp  salted butter at room temperature 
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
  • 10 Oreos broken into pieces (I used Red Velvet Oreos to make them more for V-day and they were delicious)
  • If you are making them for V-day, add 2 or 3 drops red or pink food coloring 
Directions

  • With a mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
  • Add sugar and beat well.

  • Add in flour, a small amount at a time beating on low speed until just incorporated. (add in food coloring here if you are using it)
  • Fold in the broken Oreos.

  • Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes and up to 2 hours. 
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Line a large baking sheet with Parchment paper.  
  • With a spoon, scoop out about a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball and put onto the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each cookie.
  • Place pan in the oven and bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges are just barely golden.  They will be very soft but will firm up later.

  • Cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to counter or cooling rack and let cool completely.  


thank you to www.bakerbynature.com for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment