Image Map

Monday, July 14, 2014

A Lovely Visit and Some Redneck Time

Last Thursday, I made the trip to Caronport, SK, to visit my aunt and uncle in at their new acreage.  I hadn't had a good visit with them in much too long so I was excited to get to see  their new place and get a tour of the area.  The drive out was gorgeous.  The Canola fields are in full bloom and because of all the rain, everything is green and lush.  When I arrived, I got a full tour of the new house and shop and a lovely lunch before a short trip to the surrounding area.  

We went to Pelican Lake, in the Thunder Creek Heritage Marshes area, near Caronport, for a walk along the shore and some lovely pictures of the fields.









I saw the first wild Prairie Lilies that I think I have ever seen.  I always wondered why they are our provincial flower.  Now I know!  So Pretty!


We drove a little further down and got to see why it is named Pelican Lake.  There were hundreds or Pelicans and shorebirds all chilling out, people free until we got there at least.




We also found some pretty cool fossils and petrified wood.  According to my my smart archeology major cousin, this is the fossil of a Osteichthyes bony fish.  


And of course, in Saskatchewan tradition, cows.  Moo.


After a lovely afternoon and a great visit, I headed home.  The sunset on the way was gorgeous, nothing new in the Land of the Living Skies.



On Friday, Jesse and I went in to Swift Current for the Truck and Tractor Pulls.  We love these!  There were some really cool, souped up trucks and tractors.  It was the first night of two so there wasn't really any winners that night but just seeing the awesome vehicles was enough.  Too much fun but it went really late and the 10c temperature almost gave my hypothermia.  Guess next time I will wear more than shorts and flip flops. 









I've been having a fantastic trip and it is going way too quickly!  There will be more blogs about my adventures at home soon.  Have a great week, lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment