Image Map

Friday, November 21, 2014

Fab Friday Fave 11.21.14

Happy Friday darlings!  I hope everyone is staying warm and out of the snow.  It has been a quiet week, most of it too cold and windy to do too much, but I managed to get into the city a couple times at least.  I also finished my Christmas shopping, a lot of cleaning and wrapping the presents.  Next Friday at this time, my parents will be here visiting and I am more than excited for that, I can't wait!  I also have a surprise coming on the blog very soon so watch out for it.  Everyone have a fantastic weekend and stay warm, oh and Happy Thanksgiving!  






1. Yesterday afternoon while walking to my subway stop, I came across this outside of Macy's; TCM (Turn Classic Movies) had set up a movie screen and couches to sit on and were playing "A Miracle on 34th Street". On 34th Street in Manhattan!  How fun is that?!

2. Last Saturday I went down to the South Street Seaport on the lower east side of Manhattan for the Out to See Festival.  The South Street Seaport is a gorgeous little area with cobblestone streets and old stone buildings and is a common place to leave on boat tours.  Right now they have a Christmas tree and skating rink set up and it is truly a little wonderland!  The festival was filled with food and hot beverage vendors perfect for a cold day of shopping the little Etsy style shops.  I found some great stocking stuffer ideas (for myself!) and got some delicious cookies, sauces and spices.

3. At the Out To See Festival I picked up these fantastic sauces and spices from Ukuva i-Africa.  The company is based out of Capetown and all of the spices and sauces are inspired by different areas and people of Africa.  The company is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization, meaning the people producing the ingredients that go into the product are treated and paid fairly and ethically.  They also donate part of the proceeds back to a trust for education for the workers.  The beautiful beading and wire work  on the bottles is also done by the Cape Mental Health Society.  I forgot the most important part; the sauces and spices are AMAZING.  Totally unique and delicious.  Visit the website to see where you can buy or to order.

4. Nicole and I went Christmas shopping this week on the coldest day of the year so far, so we had to stop by Starbucks and try out the new Chestnut Praline Latte.  So good, but we still think they need to bring back the Eggnog Latte!

5.  I also made a stop at Old Navy last weekend.  They had some fantastic sales, and I also had a 35% off coupon so basically everything I bought was less than half price.  I ended up getting 7 shirts for under 60 dollars (they weren't all for me!).  These are the ones I got for myself.  These Christmasy ones put me in the spirit and I have wanted the grey and pink plaid one for ages! They have more crazy deals on right now and lots of online coupons if you need to finish up your Christmas shopping.


Today I am linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Clare @ Fitting It All In
Lauren @ The Lauren Elizabeth
Amy @ The Farmers Wife
Nicole @ Adventures of a Wild Sunflower 
Karli @ September FARM
Christina @ Carolina Charm

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of Miracle on 34th street outside viewing. And how perfect right outside of Macy's! One of these days I will visit New York during Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete