Image Map

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fab Friday Faves 9.4.15


Happy long weekend Friday chicas! For the first time in quite a while I am excited about a long weekend because Josh might have more than one day off on a long weekend for the first time in forever!  Josh's parents Steph and Steve are coming on Saturday for a few days so I will have some much needed company as well.  We have a few fun things planned and it is always nice to see family.  Anyway, I hope you all have a great long weekend and we will see you next week!








 1. Last Friday, I went to get a tattoo.  I hadn't really told anyone (other than Josh and Miranda) that I was going but I was really excited.  I had been planning on getting a little tribute to my Jinxer for a long time and it was finally time.  I went to Village Tattoo NYC on Bleeker Street (pretty cool to say I got a tattoo on Bleeker Street too) after quite a bit of research and seeing that almost all of there reviews were raving 5 stars.  Turns out they were super amazing and friendly.  My tattoo is small and actually one of the simplest ones Jimmy had ever done, but I absolutely love it!  If you are wondering it is on the outside of my left knee.

2. Last weekend Josh and I drove up to the Catskills to go camping.  The area is breathtaking and wasn't even crazy busy.  We found a spot to camp right on the Esopus River on the outskirts of Phoenicia, NY in the Phoenicia Black Bear Campground.  We tented out, did some hiking and just enjoyed some nature and sitting by the fire.  Sunday we drove into Woodstock and wandered around there for a bit.  Such a fun little town!

3. My baby brother started his first day of grade 11 this week.  It totally blows my mind that he is soon going to be 17 years old. Isn't he handsome?  He also got some ballin' new rims and tires on his truck last week.

4. While in Woodstock, NY we stopped in at Woodstock Cupcakes voted the best cupcakes in the country and they were.  I got the The Johnny Winter- vanilla coconut cake topped with coconut cream cheese frosting and lots of coconut.  Josh got the Joe Cocker- vanilla buttermilk cake topped with caramel buttercream frosting a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt.  AMAZING.  We also brought home one of their Pretzel Hippie Chipper Sandwich Cookie, voted the Food Networks best cookie in the country made of chocolate chip cookies with a pretzel twist sandwiched with a peanut butter truffle filling.  We waited a day to eat this and I really wasn't expecting it to be SO UNBELIEVABLE.

5. I ordered some Sperry's last week, which I love and have wanted for ages.  I got them from 6pm.com, one of my favorite websites out there.  I got them for $31 and they are regular $78.  Unfortunately, when I first got them they had sent the wrong color so I called and they paid the return shipping and had me my correct pair in not even two full days.  They are so comfy, I love them!



Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Christina @ Carolina Charm
Amy @ {The Farmer's Wife}

No comments:

Post a Comment