Image Map

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Fab Friday Faves 10.21.16

Happy Friday, Darlings!  Everyone on the east coast, can you believe this heat wave?  If it wasn't for the changing leaves (finally!) I could swear it was July.  I am headed to Florida today, for a short visit to the house, just to do some yard work and start to get things ready for Christmas.  We are getting some company so I don't want to have to do everything at the last minute.  There is a lot going on while I am home too so I'm sure I'll be having some fun too!  It has been another quiet week here in Maryland, Josh has worked everyday for the last couple week so we haven't gotten to do much, but I've been trying to keep busy with Lindsey and the kids and getting out and doing some exploring on my own.  Like I said, I am headed to Florida tho evening so I better get packing!  Everyone have an awesome weekend see you soon!



1. On Monday I took myself on a little road trip to some cool historic sites in our area, mostly on the Maryland Civil War trail.  I went to Rich Hill, one of the places where John Wilkes Boothe hid after he killed Lincoln, it was super creepy out in the middle of nowhere by myself!  I found the patch of thicket where Wilkes-Booth and his accomplice hid for a few days, the oldest continuously active Catholic church parish in the US, this cute church at the Veterans home in Charlotte Hall and the very historic courthouse in Port Tobacco, the site of many events during the Civil War.  


2. On my little road trip I also stopped in Charlotte Hall at a cute, and amazing Amish market.  They had more pumpkins, gourds and Mums than I have ever seen, as well as the most delicious looking baking.  I got some buns, and no kidding they are the most amazing things ever.  They also had Amish made cheeses, lots of vegetables, hand made items plus the Amish people remind me of the Hutterites at home!


 4. Saturday morning I had Michaela, Imelda and Nicole over for a little Mary Kay pampering that Nicole and I had both won the previous weekend at a craft fair.  We had some snacks and Sangria and got beautified.  We also had Nicole's birthday party in the evening but I didn't get much for pictures from that besides a few of us doing tequila shots.


4. A couple days ago I got tagged on Instagram by the gal that made Smudge's birthday hat for me.  She made a coloring book of Cats In Hats using photos that her customers had posted on Instagram.  I ordered it right away and got it yesterday.  It is too cute and I can't wait to color it!  Thanks miss Maddy Makes!


5. Josh and I were able to go for a little walk on Sunday after work at Gilbert Run park.  It is absolutely gorgeous right now!


Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of A Real Housewife


Paula @ Sincerely, Paula


Jerri @ Simply Sweet Home


Erika @ A Little Bit of Everything



Lauren @ Style Elixir


Tif @ Bright On A Budget



Amy @ The Farmer's Wife


April @ A. Liz Adventures



SaveSave
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. That's the loveliest place for a walk! So pretty! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete