1. On our drive from Florida to Maryland, we stopped in Darien, Georgia, a really cute town south of Savannah. We went to Skipper's Fish Camp which was a really cool place, with a beautiful view and doe of the best BBQ I have ever had. The town also has one of the few pre- civil War buildings in the area that is still standing. It was really cool but super creepy in the dark.
2. When we got back to Maryland I had a few more birthday presents waiting for me, which is always fun! My sweet pink Converse from Nicole, a collection of BBQ spices, David's tea and cat tea diffuser from Lindsey, a beautiful colored bookmark from Jodie and handmade birthday cards from Lily, Ava and Colton. Too cute!
3. On Saturday, there was a Chili cook off at Two Lions Winery and Brewery just a couple miles from our house in Palm Harbor. They had over 20 chilis, some of which were really awesome. We would know, we tried most of them! We voted, and none of the ones we loved the most won, but it was still a really good time. They even had Chili and Jalepeno Cornbread Gelato!
4. We bought this auto feeder for Smudge off of Amazon for when we went on my little overnight birthday trip and I don't know why we didn't get one a long time ago. It is on a timer, has five trays and can be programmed to go off as often as you want. It worked fantastic and was perfect for Smudge who needs her pill morning and night. I put a pill on top of her food and when it would rotate trays twice a day she would go and check out what the sound was and get her pill and her meal. I highly recommend it, and you can get it here.
5. I started watching Big Little lies on HBO about a month ago and I am hooked. I wasn't aware it was a book until a few days ago, but it is next on my reading list. Not only is the story super addictive it has some of the biggest actresses and actors in Hollywood. There are a lot of different side stories going on, including, domestic abuse, divorce and bullying, but the main story is about a murder that is being investigated in the affluent California community at a school fundraiser. Watch it, it's awesome.
Today I'm linking up with:
Paula @ Sincerely, Paula
Jerri @ Simply Sweet Home
Amy @ Love Made My Home
Erika @ A Little Bit of Everything
April @ Smidge of This
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife
Tif @ Bright On A Budget
Lauren @ Style Elixir