Image Map

Friday, February 1, 2019

Fab Friday Faves 2.1.19




Happy Friday all! I'm back finally for a real FFF.  Since I've had a slow few weeks, I've included some faves from a couple weeks now.  Also, hello February (how is this possible?).  As you can see hove, today is Wear Red Day, a campaign to bring attention to the importance of women learning about the signs and symptoms of heart disease and heart attacks.  Heart related issues are responsible for 1 in 3 women deaths every year, which is insane.  This is a cause near to my heart, and also one that I need to practice what I preach seeing as I do have several of the risk factors.  It is one more of those "pay attention to your body and don't be afraid to get it checked" situations for every man and woman out there.  Check out Go Red For Women for more info.


February 1st is also close to my heart because it is my baby brother, Jesse's birthday!  He turned 20 today, and it always amazes me that he has grown into such an awesome man.  Happy birthday! (picture from his 16th birthday party)


On Wednesday I got some awesome Groupon Microdermabrasion, from Cyn's Skin Care in Westchase.  I know I don't have terrible skin, but you would be amazed what a little microdermabrasion and tightening laser treatment can do!


Monday was nail day, and I got my Valentine's nails!  I think Valentine's is my favorite "nail holiday" because I love red and white.  So cute.


Thursday I went for my yearly visit to the Apollo Beach Manatee viewing Center at Big Bend Power Station.  Every winter the Manatees and many other marine life, come into the cove where the power plant emits warm water to survive the cold temperatures. There are always hundreds of manatees, Rays, fish, sharks, birds etc and it is quite the amazing sight to see.


I won a contest from Numi Tea and got this "sample pack" in the mail yesterday.  I am pretty impressed and can't wait to try them all! I also got a pair of custom VR goggles to watch a video about how tho sustainable tea is sourced and the people that pick it and process it.  Very cool.


Wel these are pretty much self explanatory.  I don't love Oreos in general but these are probably the best ones ever made.


We had a great new little sandwich shop open up about a 2 minute drive from us this week, so I had to go try it.  I was their very first customer and got this Club Sub to try.  It was delicious.  Rocky Mountain Subs specializes in Philly Cheese Steaks and also have a french dip that looks amazing.  Oh and homemade salads and desserts.

Today I'm linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment