Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

*Recipe* Keto Big Mac in a Bowl

I had been craving a Big Mac so bad, for like a month, it killed me to drive by any of the 23 McDonalds near my house.  I even got Josh craving one as well.  We go to McDonalds maybe twice a year, once for breakfast and once for a Shamrock Shake.  So, I figured it can't be that hard to make something Big Mac adjacent right? Well, I was right.  I was quite shocked at how great this turned out, especially considering it contains cabbage.


Ingredients
  • 1 lb  ground beef
  • 1/2 cup diced onion (I added some raw onion as well on my bowl before serving)
  • 2 cups thinly shredded lettuce
  • 6 cups shredded cabbage
  • 20 hamburger pickle chips
  • 1 cup shredded cheese


Special Sauce
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 4 tbsp dill pickle relish
  • 2 tbsp yellow mustard
  • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
Instructions 
  • In a skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef.  When almost cooked through, add the onion and com until beef is cooked and onion is translucent. Drain the grease, salt and pepper to taste and set aside. 

  • While beef and onions are cooking, add all ingredients for special sauce into a bowl and combine. 

  • In skillet, add some olive oil and the shredded cabbage.  Saute until the cabbage is slightly softened, salt and pepper to taste. 
  • Divide the cabbage between 4 bowls and top each with round beef. 

  • Sprinkle with shredded cheese, lettuce (raw onion if desired) and pickle chips (you can add more of whatever if you want).
  • Drizzle special sauce over big Mac bowl and enjoy! 

Thanks to Homemadeinterest.com for the recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment