Image Map

Friday, May 17, 2019

Fab Friday Faves 5.17.19

Hello Friday! Coming to you live from scorching hot Florida. We are on track to break some records next week.  Not super excited for it, but it is good excuse to stay home in the pool. Speaking of the pool, Sunday, we spent the day prepping and painting the pool deck and I continued to finish it up over the week (one coat was ruined with one of our famous unforcasted Florida showers). It turned out great.  Here are a couple pictures (not everything is back in place yet).



I also spent a day out at the beach this week, which was lovely.  I took the ferry out to Caladesi Island, which I only do a couple times as year.  We said goodbye to the Big Bang Theory last night... I'm pretty sad.  It has been one of my favorite shows for the last 12 years, and it was one of the first shows Josh and I ever watched together and have continued to watch together since we started dating. This weekend, we are having Chad and Chrissy and the kids over for some beach/pool time. They recently moved to Orlando so we are looking forward to spending lots of time with them.

Alright, everyone enjoy your weekend! Happy May Long to all my Canada people, be safe!

I also have to do a special goodbye, to one of the OG internet cats, and one of my favorites, Tardar Sauce aka Grumpy Cat.  You were just a baby and you will be missed.




My Desert Rose bloomed this week.  It is so beautiful! I have only had it a few months and it must really love its spot in the yard.


Last week, Jessica and I made plans to get all dressed up and go to the new Gen-X 80s/90s bar in Tampa.  When we were both already pretty much there, they posted on their Facebook that they were going to be closed most of the day.  SO we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Datz.  I got their new Steak and grits dish which was one of the best things I've ever eaten.  Jess got the donut burger that I got last time, and we shared the Mac and Cheese (I'm not a mac and cheese fan, but this was pretty much the best I've ever had).  When we were done we went and ogled the desert section. 


I got a Groupon for 9-10" canvasses for $35 a couple months ago and I realized the day before it expired that I better use it.  They actually turned out great. (They are still wrapped in plastic here). The top 6 are the six places we have lived together. (SK, Alaska, Peru, NY/NJ, Maryland and Florida).


I found this Cool Whip at Walmart the other day.  It is soooooo good!


I finished my puzzle, all by myself, in just over 2 weeks.  I love it and it was really fun puzzle to do.  It is Modge Podged and will be hung up somewhere in the house once I find a frame.


Yesterday was National Caesar Day in Canada.  A day to celebrate the best drink there is and mine was yummy (and my afternoon snack.)


I got my two beauty boxes in the mail today (I'm actually a little sad that thy came on the same day). The top one is my Sephora Play box and included my very favorite Bite Beauty lipstick in Chai and and my favorite Coola sunscreen.  Can't wait to try everything else too.

The bottom one is my FabFitFun box.  I usually only get one of these a year but it is my all time favorite.  I got a beautiful beach towel, Ahava foot cream, Murad eye cream, Lavido body lotion, a gorgeous opal necklace, cuticle cream, Tarte mascara and a cute little ceramic tray.


Today I'm linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your pool deck project turned out great!! Your outdoor space looks wonderful. Love your desert rose. It does look very happy. The puzzle is awesome. I can't believe the deal you got on the canvasses. Love them. So special. Very sad about Grumpy Cat. So young. That face will live on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, yes to that Bloody Mary! Those canvases are pretty.

    ReplyDelete