Image Map

Friday, May 3, 2019

Fab Friday Faves 5.3.19

Hello everyone! It's May, Yay!  Another very quick week, and man it is getting hoooottt and humid here in Florida. Summer is here.  It really was a quiet week and not really anything crazy happened.  My neighbors got to see me sprinting barefoot across their lawns when Smudge decided to chase one of her boyfriends away.  I'm still trying to get the yard summer ready, and I have so many plants that are so close to blooming.  It's the first year at the house that I have been able to have a lot of plants and it has been about 6 years since I have had a yard at all, so I am really excited.  I love that I can pretty much grow any plant on the planet here too. This weekend is Kentucky Derby and Cinco De Mayo so we will be out at some of the crazy number of events in the area.


A few months ago, I saw this hat at a local store, and fell in love but didn't buy it. This week a favorite local store of mine Tipsy Mermaid Mercantile, is having a 20% off sale on Mermaid Life apparel, so I had to go get it.  For "checking in" on Facebook I got another 10% off.  This store has the cutest stuff and they ship so check it out! 

I can't believe I forgot to post this last week, but I finally got back Smudge's DNA results!  In September of 2017 I won a contest through Basepaws for a DNA test for Smudge to find out what breeds she is and what health problems she might have. After a long wait (I couldn't complain too much, it was free and the company was just starting out) I got the results back last week and it really is quite interesting. I always assumed she would be Russian Blue, turns out she's least Russian Blue.  Also she is most closely related to a cougar, which is super cool.  Even though I had a long wait, the is company is really great and they were on Shark Tank this week and had 2 investors interested in them. Congrats! 


I went for a walk at Honeymoon Island this week (yes, I know I go there all the time, but I usually walk the beach, it's been a few months since I did the nature trail) and got some great pictures. 


I got this super cute Palm tree choker from one of my favorite companies, Pura Vida. I haven't taken it off since I got it.  Also, this filter on Snapchat is one of my favorite things too haha


 I finally started my new 1000 piece puzzle. I think I am going to be able to do this one!

Our pool is finally comfortable! yay!  It has been quite a long time since it wasn't a big shock to get in to it.  I'm so happy!


I went to a vintage furniture pop up market this morning at a Facebook friend's house in Palm Harbor and picked up this adorable stool (someone else loves it too), for my vanity area in the master bath, and this cute little shelf. 

 Update:

A couple weeks ago I did a blog on my Spring Decorating Tips, including after Easter sale buying.  These are my finds so far, from CVS, Michaels, Target, Publix and a small store in Dunedin called Mermaid's Secret Garden.


 Today I'm linking up with:



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the puzzle! That's a cute hat and you scored some cute Easter stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hat!! I so wish I were a puzzle person. I get frustrated too easily. lol!
    https://justlivejoy.com/express-camo/

    ReplyDelete