Image Map

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fab Friday Faves 11.13.15

Happy Friday the 13th darlings!  I'm not going to lie, I had a hard time coming up with five favorites this week, seriously all we have done in the last week is view houses and the last couple days, furniture shop.  Not that that house shopping isn't Friday Favorite worthy and fun but it isn't that exciting for anyone other than Josh and I!  Speaking of, next Friday, there should be some exciting news on the home search front ;)  The Florida weather is still fantastic, but I think I kinda put that on here last week, and I probably shouldn't use it every week!  Alright, enjoy your weekend,  we have some events going on around here that I am excited to check out so stay tuned for those!


1. Across the street from where we are staying in Dunedin, we are lucky enough to have one of the most amazing parks, Hammock Park.  This is a gorgeous park filled with amazing trails, canals, a lake, different trees and animals and pure Florida beauty.  We have been here not even two weeks and I have seen a gator, a tortoise, a bunny, crabs, numerous species of birds, butterflies, a nutria, hundreds of squirrels and of course a crazy amount of geckos and lizards.  I have been going for an hour walk almost every morning and discover new things everyday.


2. Last weekend, Josh and I decided that since we have an amazing downtown area a mile and a half away and the beach a couple miles as well that we should get bikes so we don't have to walk or drive everywhere.  We stopped in at the local pawn shop and got a couple awesome bike cruisers for about 100$ for both.  They both work great and we have been really enjoying using them!


3. In our lovely downtown, every Friday we have an amazing Farmer's Market.  This is seriously one of the greatest Farmer's Markets ever, with everything you could ever want.  I ended up getting some pickled beans, matcha covered walnuts, The BEST Bloody Mary mix I have ever had, garlic infused olive oil and an variety pack of fruit hot sauces that make delicious salad dressings when mixed with balsamic, meat marinades and pretty much anything else you can think of!


This really should be #1, but these are in no particular order, just how I manage to come across the photos usually.  Of course Wednesday was Remembrance Day in Canada and Veteran's Day in the US, and nothing is more important than what all of our veterans, active duty members and men and women who have lost their lives protecting us and giving us the freedom that we have.  We should thank them every day, not just one day a year!



5.  I have to have this on the list for all of the cat ladies out there.  I have wanted to start using World's Best Cat Litter for years, but because of Jinx's kidney issues he went to the bathroom a lot and I didn't want to disrupt his good bathroom habits.  I decided to start switching Smudge over when we got here and I do not regret it.  The litter does not smell like cat at all and actually I got the lavender scented and it smells amazing!  It is also flushable and clumps really well so it is so easy to keep the litter boxes clean and fresh.


Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Erika @ A Little Bit of Everything
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Christina @ Carolina Charm
Amy @ {The Farmer's Wife}


1 comment:

  1. I need to try out that cat litter. So glad to hear how much you all are enjoying your new area, and I hope that you all find the perfect house! Thanks for linking up for H54F!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete