Image Map

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

*Recipe* Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Coconut Bites


I find that lately, a late portion of my Facebook feed is recipes, which I'm totally fine with, because most of them look amazing.  Every now and then I try one out, and this recipe is one of those ones that I had to try.  My mom shared it last week and right away it was on my list.  It combines two of my favorite things, Coconut and dark chocolate (if you don't like dark chocolate I'm sorry but I think something is wrong with your head lol). They were actually a little more work than I was assuming they would be, not hard just a bit time consuming but totally worth it!

Ingredients

-1- 14oz bag flaked sweetened coconut 
-1- 14oz can Sweetened Condensed milk
-1 and 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
-1 cup whole almond, toasted (I bought a can of Blue Diamond roasted almonds with sea salt and       they were great)
-12oz dark chocolate finely chopped (one 10oz bag of dark chocolate chips was just enough)
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-flaky sea salt for sprinkling (buy some good stuff, not just the stuff   in your shaker)


Directions

-in a bowl, combine shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.


-line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.  using a small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, scoop out mixture and roll into even balls.  After about every three balls you will need to rinse your hands or dip them in a bowl of water or they get to be a sticky mess.
-once the balls are rolled out, put them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm them up.
-once they are chilled, place an almond on top and push down.  Form back into a ball and put back into fridge.  While they chill, melt the chocolate.


-Now I'm supposed to tell you to use a double boiler and and melt the chocolate and coconut oil together, but I microwaved it for about two minutes and it worked totally fine.


 -remove the balls from the fridge and dip them in the melted chocolate.  Use a fork and to lift them out and shake off the excess.


-place each one back on the sheet tray and while still wet, sprinkle with sea salt.  This is totally up to your preference as to how much you use.  I didn't use much.


-leave them in the fridge or freezer for a while and enjoy!  Thanks to Tastemade for the recipe!





No comments:

Post a Comment