Image Map

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

*Recipe* Cheesy Mustard Chicken


Facebook has a lot of uses, but one of my favorite is recipes.  Yesterday I was on Facebook and I saw this recipe and since I had chicken out and no plans for it I thought i would try it.  It turned out delicious and is great paired with some roasted veggies or a salad.  

Cheesy Mustard Chicken

Ingredients

-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 large chicken breasts for the 2 of us)
-1.5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (I used a Colby Cheddar mixture that I had)
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-3/4 cup whole milk (I didn't have milk so I used 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup water)
-3 Tbsp Butter
-2 Tbsp flour
-2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
-1 tsp garlic salt/powder or fresh garlic
-salt and pepper to taste (I used a ton of pepper and it fit with the dish perfectly)

Directions

-Preheat over to 375
-Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in baking dish (I cut the chicken into smaller reasonably sized portions)


-cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes.  they can still be a bit pink as they get cooked more.
-In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour.  Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until smooth and golden in color.  


-remove from heat and gradually whisk in whole milk.  return to heat and bring to a boil.  reduce heat and let simmer for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
-Stir in cheeses, mustard, garlic and more salt and pepper.


-Remove chicken from oven and drain a bit if it is really watery.  Pour sauce over top.


-Return to the oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes.  I baked for 25 and broiled for the last 2 or 3 to crisp up the top a bit.  


-Remove from oven, serve hot and enjoy.


This is a super quick and easy dinner, thanks to 12tomatoes.com for the recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment