Happy Friday the 13th, darlings! The week started off great, lovely weather, was feeling good, then all of a sudden late Wednesday morning while I was in Manhattan with Nicole I started to get some sort of sickness. By the time I got home a couple hours later I was totally out for the count. I spent yesterday sneezing and trying to loosen up my very plugged up head and getting ready for Josh's friend Leo to come stay the night on his way down to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. I'm on my way to get my hair did this morning so I will stop rambling. Everyone have a fantastic weekend, and make sure to drink some green beer for me!
1. I think I have mentioned it before, but I LOVE the Flatiron Building. I'm not sure what it is but it just makes me happy. Nicole and I walked by it on Wednesday and stopped to admire the winter terrarium art installation across the street.
2. On Monday there was an artisan craft fair at the Armenian Convention Center in Manhattan as part of the Commission on the Status of Women Conference taking place in Manhattan all this week. The Artistisan's are from all over the world as well as groups devoted to helping woman in poverty, being exploited and just trying to better their lives and the lives of their families. I purchased a few things including the bowls made of recycled telephone wire from the lovely lady on the right. They match the fruit bowl that I bought a few months ago from a similar market. I also got the small beaded Huichol ornament made by women in Mexico from Handcrafting Justice, an organization that I have followed and supported for years based in Queens. Be sure to check out their website, they have some amazing things. I also bought the zip up tote bad made in Vietnam of recycled Rice bags by survivors of Sex trafficking. The organization that helps them is called Nomi Network and they help survivors and women at risk of sex trafficking from all over the world.
3. Saturday was our first spring like day, and apparently I wasn't the only one that was enjoying it. All the ducks and geese were out in front of my building playing on the finally bare grass.
4. I got these cute American Eagle Fringe boots half price at Payless Shoes and I love them. Now I can't wait to wear them with a cute sundress, but its not quite that time yet!
5. Pinkberry! I love their Original Frozen Yogurt with yogurt chips, blueberries, strawberry swirl balls and shredded coconut. So yummy and I haven't had it since I was in Peru.
Today I'm linking up with:
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Nicole @ Adventures of a Wild Sunflower
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Clare @ Fitting it All In
April @ A. Liz Adventures
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife