Image Map

Friday, April 17, 2015

Fab Friday Faves 4.17.15

Happy Friday darlings!I have had a very busy week, it seems like just yesterday was last Friday!  It won't be getting any less busy either.  Josh and I are going to UFC in Newark on Saturday, then a few other little things and then we leave on the 23rd for Florida for a long weekend!  This week involved one of the longest Yankees games ever, a day walking pub tour of Chelsea, A long walk down the Hoboken boardwalk, A walk over the Highline in Manhattan, some shopping and a trip to the city for an Etsy popup shop.  It really is amazing how the warm spring weather makes you want to get out and about so much more.  I have actually walked/ran about 45 miles this week!  

Anyway, everyone have a fantastic weekend and we will see you for more Friday Faves in two weeks!








1. Last Saturday, for Josh's first weekend off in forever, we decided to go on a walking tour of Chelsea and the Meatpacking district in Manhattan.  I spent some time making a map of hotspots to check out and we ended up having a great time even though we were exhausted from the crazy late ball game the night before.  Check out my blog about our adventure HERE.

2. On Monday, after quite a while of talking about it, Nicole and I went to Dough, one of the best donuts shops in not only NYC, but also the US.  We both ended up getting four donuts to try (we did take the majority home) and none of them disappointed.  Definitely the best donuts I have ever had.  I got the Lemon Poppyseed, Toasted coconut, Dulce De Leche and Mocha Nut Fudge.  It is too hard to pick a favorite but the Lemon Poppyseed has a special place in my heart ;)

3. Friday night a group of us went in to The Yankees vs. Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium.  Everything started out great, but the game ended up going 19 innings!  Not only that but the Yankees ended up losing!  The game started at 7pm and we didn't get out of the Stadium until almost 3am.  It was the longest game ever played at the new Yankee Stadium, one of the longest ever played by the Yankees and 5 innings away from a MLB record.  Crazy!  If it hadn't been quite so cold it wouldn't have been so bad, but we still had a great time,  Read more about it HERE.

4. Before testing out those Donuts, Nicole and I walked almost the whole distance of the Manhattan Highline.  It is an old train track that was abandoned and converted into a city park.  It is beautiful and quiet and gives you some of the best views of the city and the Hudson River (and our apartment building in Jersey)!  Stayed tuned for a blog about it in a few weeks.  I want to go back and get some pictures when the trees are all green and the flowers are all blooming.

5. Yesterday, while laying in bed checking out Instagram, I saw that Etsy was holding a surprise popup shop in Times Square during the day, in celebration of their stock being publicly traded.  I hadn't planned on going into the city but I had to check it out.  There were 14 awesome shops from all over the world that had been selected to come and got a free trip to NYC.  I got to check out some awesome Etsy shops (who doesn't love Etsy?), get a free screen printed on site cloth bag and even purchased some treasures. :)


Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Nicole @ Adventures of a Wild Sunflower
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Clare @ Fitting It All In
Tif @ Bright On A Budget
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife
Christina @ Carolina Charm




6 comments:

  1. All that food looks so delicious and I'm so happy that baseball is back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I want another one of those donuts!! We should go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm suffering from doughnut envy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun week! And those donuts.... I'm craving one so much now!!! HA!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great week! Those donuts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like an awesome week! My hubby is going to the UFC fight in Vegas on Memorial Day weekend. I may or may not be hitting it up as well. . .just depends on whether a friend takes my ticket.

    ReplyDelete