Image Map

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Macy's Flower Show 2015

On Thursday, Nicole and I went into the city to check out the Macy's Flower Show at the very first ever and world's largest Macy's Department Store.  This is an annual event at a few Macy's all over the country, and this year the theme was "Art in Bloom".  I had never been to this event so I was excited to see what it was all about.  Thursday also happened to be World Autism Day so I wore blue in support of my friend Courtney's daughter Mak and everyone else who is affected by Autism.  Macy's had the same idea so I got a picture with their sign.  I must say that I think I need more blue clothes!  Everything I own that is blue is denim.


Macy's is always a pretty amazing store.  It is huge and beautiful and filled with handbags and makeup and everything pretty.  During the flower show though, it takes on a whole new level of beauty.  It was PACKED of course, just like every event in NYC but it was worth it to have a look.  It smelled amazing and they really put so much work into making the place look spectacular.  It was really difficult to get good pictures because of all the people (tourists to NYC are so considerate!), but enjoy, it was really amazing!




























After we were done at Macy's we walked up to Rockefeller Center to get some olive oil, balsamic and salts at "The Filling Station".  After we had stocked up, and after an altercation with a man regarding elevator etiquette (comment if you want to hear the story, it's pretty hilarious) we were started back to the PATH and we came across this by the Rockefeller rink.  Such an amazing bunny!  If you look closely you can see the egg is made of all daises.  


If you are in NYC in the spring be sure to check out Macy's and so many other flower displays in the city, you just have to keep your eyes open!

1 comment:

  1. Tell me the story again, I was there obviously but it was too good not to relive at least once more! Great pictures as well!!

    ReplyDelete