Image Map

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Fab Friday Faves 9.16.16

Happy Friday, Darlings!  I'm in total shock and awww right now.... it is under 80F (27C) here in Waldorf and I am headed out for an outside run to enjoy it, something I hadn't done until yesterday in months! Later this morning I am off to the Charles County Fair (I think my first County Fair ever!) with Lindsey and the kids.  Lily even has the day off from school because it is "Fair" day.  How crazy is that?  Tomorrow Josh and I are going to Bristow, VA for FarmAid 2016.  I have been watching FarmAid on TV since I was knee high to a grasshopper so I am pumped to see some of the old favorites like Willie, John Mellencamp, Neil Young Dave Matthews as well as some new favorites like Alabama Shakes, Sturgill Simpson and Jamey Johnson.  Oh, and it is also now less than one week until I am in Nashville for Miranda's birthday with her and some other amazing gals!  Alright, I better get out there and stop procrastinating and go for my run!  everyone have an awesome weekend and see you in two weeks!  




1. Yesterday was Josh's birthday and even though he had to work we made the best of it.  We went to the awesome new BBQ place in La Plata, Urban Bar-B-Que, came home, opened presents and had Reese's Ice Cream cake that i made with my own two hands (I haven't made a birthday cake in years).  He talked to his parents and promptly fell asleep on the couch.  Yup, pretty wild!  We will celebrate more at FarmAid. 



2. Not much more to say than "this sunset." I don't give Maryland a bunch of credit but they do have some lovely sunrises and sunsets.  


3. It was Smudge's 10th birthday on the weekend and she can't have too many treats be causes of her thyroid condition but she got this fun custom party hat that she obviously loved.


4. Last Friday was International Teddy Bear Day so I went with Lindsey, Ava and Colton to Build-A-Bear where they were offering $5 teddy bears.  I haven't built a bear in years (I worked at the one in Saskatoon for a very short time) and it was really fun.  I picked out some pajamas with donuts and cupcakes on for her to wear.  I plan on her going to a good home soon, but unit them she can hang out and keep me company.


 5. So this is a bit random, and not exactly good but it is a news story in Florida right now.  There is a new, potentially invasive species emerging in the state and even around Tampa.  The Capybara is usually found in South and Central America and is the largest rodent in the world and can get to 150lbs and 4 feet long.  Apparently some have gotten loose that people had as pets.  Anyway, I have been obsessed with these rodents since I was about 10 years old when I read about them in a nature magazine.  I even had a poster of them on my wall for years that I got out of Owl Magazine.  So while I know invasive species can be devastating and ruin ecosystems (like the pythons in Florida) I can't help but hope that I see one hug it very soon!


Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ the Diary of a Real Housewife


Paula @ Sincerely, Paula


Jerri @ Simply Sweet Home


Rebecca @ XOXO Rebecca


Erika @ A Little Bit of Everything


Amy @ The Farmer's Wife





April @A. Liz Adventures


No comments:

Post a Comment