My week in Florida was awesome though, up until the last day. Lots of sun, lots of beach and pool and lovely weather. I really do LOVE Florida! Josh and I are trying to make some plans for the weekend but the remnants of this hurricane may make doing much somewhat difficult as it will de affecting a huge chunk of the east coast. Again, everyone stay safe and have an awesome Labor Day weekend!
1. On Tuesday I drove down to St. Pete after a ton of yard and housework. I went to the Sunken Gardens which are a quaint garden in Downtown St. Pete with 4 acres of beautiful, lush Florida nature. There are many beautiful palms and shrubs and flowers as well as some waterfalls, and flamingos, parrots, huge Koi and even some snakes that have snuck in. It is also built on a sinkhole, hence the name. It was a relaxing, quiet morning walk. Check out my blog on it in the next couple weeks.
2. When I got back to Maryland my treasures from the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale had arrived. This was a crazy sale thats I was on a waiting list for the morning it started. I got a few things, then went back in the next day for me. Everything is so cute, and shockingly, everything fit!
3. Monday evening I decided to go for a cruise out to Fred Howard Park, about 20 minutes from our house. The way the clouds had been all day, I knew that the sunset would be amazing and I wasn't wrong. It was incredible!
4. On Saturday afternoon, Josh and I went to our favorite little local bar, LBC in Palm Harbor for their End of Summer Party. We had the pleasure of watching a local band of legends, Stormbringer, probably the best 80's cover band I have ever seen. I have included a couple videos that I took, below.
5. Josh and I went into St. Pete on Sunday for brunch, (to Urban Brew and BBQ, which really deserves a place on this list as well) and during a little after brunch walk we discovered this used book store, which I literally could live in. It is a massive store, and like the sign says, it has over 300 000 books. Thats a lot of books. We also got a cold brew from Bandit Coffee, which is a must if you are in the area!
Today I'm linking up with:
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Houswife
Paula @ Sincerely, Paula
Rebecca @ XOXO Rebecca
Erika @ The Slaughters
April @ A Liz Adventures
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Penny @ Penny's Passion
Tif @ Bright On A Budget
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife