Image Map

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Fab Friday Faves 11.18.16

Happy Friday, Darlings!  I'm at a loss for things to tell you this week... No, really I can't think of anything!  I have a cold this week, so that is fantastic.  I'm also homesick for my friends and family which happens when I get sick and tired.  Luckily, my new drugs I am on for my migraines make me dream a lot and all my dreams have been about my friends and family.  So that helps.  I'm on my way to get my nails done this morning and pick up a few last things for our traveling family Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I'm making my famous Bourbon Bacon Sweet Potato Pie and A marinated Cauliflower Salad.  Most of our core travel family will be together, and even Mel and Myles are coming down from Maine today for the week so it will be great to see them for a few days.  What else?  hmm... I am almost done my Christmas shopping, which makes me excited, and everyday, it looks more and more like we are going to be able to go home to Florida for at least a few days at Christmas.  The in-laws will be at the house so it would be nice to be there with them!  Alright, I have a lot of errands to do today and I feel like crap, so I best be getting my butt in gear.  Have a great weekend everyone!



1. On Friday, I took myself to the Veteran's Day Parade in Leonardtown, MD.  It is one of the largest on the east coast and it was great!  There were tons of floats and veterans and the weather was perfect.  After the parade I went to grad a coffee and wander the town and I stumbled into BTB coffeeshop which is also a speakeasy that I have been wanting to visit for a while so that was neat too.  


2. Saturday was the last vintage market at Boondoggie Farm.  I took Lindsey and the kids and got some stocking stuffers, some wine and we played with the many animals they have out there.  I must say, it was cold but I preferred the 50 degrees to the 100 degrees that all of the summer markets were.  I am going to miss this place a lot and can't wait until it starts up again in the spring.


3. Sunday, Josh and I went for dinner to the Red Oak Bistro in La Plata.  We have been wanting to go for a while and I wish we hadn't waited.  The vibe here is so chill and homey and so not what most restaurants and bars are in this area.  We got the Pork Belly and Gravy Fries for an appy and I got the French Dip for my meal and everything was delicious.  I can't wait to go back!  


4. Holiday cups are back at Starbucks and they have holiday stuff on them this year!  YAY!! haha.  Also, the Holiday Spice Flat White is back... my favorite drink ever at Starbucks.  YAY!  


5. Since it is mid November I thought I would remind everyone about Movember and the importance of raising awareness of Men's Health including Prostate and Testicular cancer Screening and Mental Health and Suicide prevention.  My family has been touched by all of these and it is so important that we make all these issues not embarrassing and turn them into things that are talked about and dealt with before it's too late.  If you haven't donated or don't know anyone that is raising money please click HERE to donate in the US and HERE to donate in Canada.  And if you are a man, go get screened.  It's a lot better than what you will go through if you wait until it's too late.  Thanks to the Charles County Public Library for the use of their Mustaches.  


Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife





Paula @ Sincerely, Paula



Jerri @ Simply Sweet Home



Erika @ A Little Bit Of Everything
 


Lauren @ Style Elixir




SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Fellow southern MD blogger! We love Red Oak! It's my husband and my go to date night spot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, those fries look amazing! And that's a bummer about the migraines. I don't get them nearly as often as I used to but when I do, they take me out. It is the one time my family must truly function without me! Hope you start feeling better soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! I hate getting a cold, they seem to cling on for too long! My brother is doing Movember for the 6th year, such a good cause to get involved with.

    Have a great weekend!

    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you had me at Bourbon Bacon Sweet Potato Pie! Being from the home of bourbon, Kentucky, it just fits!

    Hope you feel better soon! I'm a newbie to your blog, so....hello! :)

    southerngrl85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete