Image Map

Thursday, November 8, 2018

*Recipe* InstaPot Deconstructed Eggrolls + Wonton Chips



I know I said that I would be back this week with some Fall recipes, but honestly I have only had 3 days to get my house and life back to normal after over a month of company, soooo that hasn't happened yet.  Maybe before the weekend?  This recipe though, is one that is deserving of a blog, no matter what time of year it is.  I made it just after Mom and I got back to Florida as a quick meal, and I paired it with some Trader Joe's Orange Chicken and homemade fried rice.  It was seriously the easiest recipe ever, and would be great at a Potluck or holiday party. I made mine in my InstaPot, but it could easily be made in a pot on the stove.  The crispy, light Wonton chips give the dish just the right amount of crunch and just take a couple minutes to whip up too.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground pork or any other ground meat
  •  bag coleslaw mix
  • 1/2 cup bone broth (I used chicken)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce or to taste
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder  or to taste
  • 1 tbsp ground ginger or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
Wonton Chips
  • 1 pkg egg roll wrappers cut into strips
  • olive oil
Directions

  • Place InstaPot on saute.
  • Wait until it's hot and then add pork, seasonings and soy sauce and brown meat.  it you are using a meat that in't lean, drain out the fat.  
  • When meat is browned, turn InstaPot off and add broth and Coleslaw and DO NOT stir. 
  • Put the lid on and turn the knob to sealing position. 
  • Set InstaPot on manual high pressure for 0 minutes.  (Just keep hitting the - button until the timer reaches 0)
  • When timer is up, do a quick release.  After pressure is released, open the lid and stir.

Wonton Chips
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees while InstaPot is preheating on sauté. 
  • Cut egg roll wrappers into strips and brush with olive oil. I used Eggroll wrappers instead of wontons because they are a bit sturdier, but you can use whatever. 

  • Bake for 4-5 minutes until bubbly and brown.  Watch carefully because they go from brown to burned in a split second. 

  • Let chips cool and enjoy with the deconstructed egg roll. 



Thank you to "I don't Have Time For That" for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment