Image Map

Monday, October 28, 2013

The Northern Maine Woods



Good afternoon all!  I am just finishing up my first full day back in Lima.  It is still the same, but nice to be "home." We got home around 1am last night, and Josh had to be up at 4:15 to get ready for work, so  even though it was a long day for me, I can't imagine how he is feeling.  I started getting a migraine last night about 1 hour into our flight from Atlanta to Lima.  I'm not sure if it was from the long day of flying or the 2 glasses of wine that I got for free in first class.  In any case, it was terrible.  I've had the migraine all day, and finally it is starting to get better due to taking an excess of prescription and non prescription migraine medication.  The highlight of the day, migraine or not was getting my babies back!  I headed to the vet as soon as they opened at 9am to pick up the kitties.  I missed them so much I almost cried when I saw them.  It was the second longest time I have ever been away from them and I felt terrible the entire time.  So happy to have them back!

So, as everyone knows, Josh and were in Maine for about 10 days.  Josh is from Maine so we were home to visit family.  We haven't been there since we headed to Peru in April so we were due for a visit.  It was nice to go back but a little colder than I was hoping.  Winter is well on it's way there!  Josh is from the very Northern part of Maine, close to the New Brunswick border.  Whenever I tell people that Josh is from Maine, the normal reaction is "oooooh the coast and lobster."  That actually couldn't really be further from the truth.  It is about a 2 hour drive from the coast and is covered in forest and potato fields.  No lobster or Ocean in sight.  It is a nice area, especially in the fall, but I'm not going to lie, cheap seafood and the beautiful Maine coast would be pretty nice too.  I did get to see the coast, and eat lobster this time so I came back here happy!



I went for a few walks and hikes, which were very nice.  Josh's hometown of Easton is very much like my hometown in regards to being quiet and friendly, but instead of being surrounded by wheat fields it is surrounded by woods and potato fields.










One morning, Josh's dad asked if we wanted to go for a little hike, to the top of Haystack mountain.  It is a small mountain, but was a nice hike and had a beautiful view.  












Like I said, it really is a gorgeous place!  Everyone enjoy there evening and see you soon! 


1 comment:

  1. Made me a little homesick!! :) We love it up there but really don't feel the desire to move back. You took some lovely pictures.

    Sorry about your migrane - I've been suffering from those lately. And you sound just like Tim missing the kitties...he has a hard time when we leave ours.

    Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete