Image Map

Thursday, November 28, 2013

An American Thanksgiving in Peru



Even though I'm not technically American, I am now a permanent resident of the good ol' USA, and as such, I feel like it is now my duty to celebrate Thanksgiving!  I had planned to spend the day cooking and baking for some of the guys at Josh's work that have wives back in the States and I was pretty excited, not gonna lie!  But, the client at Josh's work planned a dinner at the Marriot so we will be headed to that when Josh gets home and I will be doing the big meal for the guys on the weekend, again I am probably over excited to cook.

I hope everyone back in the Land of the Free, is counting their blessings right now, for everything that they have been given in their lives.  It should not happen only one day a year, but especially today please take time to appreciate the gifts, and love and happiness that we have been given that we take for granted.




I have so much to be thankful for in my life that I don't even know where to begin.  My amazing family, who are always there for me, no matter what.  I have truly been blessed to have everyone looking out for me and doing everything they can to help me and make me feel that even though we are far away, we haven't been forgotten.  I was also blessed with an amazing set of inlaws that have taken me in and show that I am loved like I am their own.
My fantastic friends, who are also always there for me.  Old ones that have been with me since I was a child, and new ones that I have met in the last few years, or even as recently as a few weeks.  Again, no matter how far away we are, they go out of their way to make sure I am okay and reassure me that everything is going to be okay!
I am blessed that I am able to travel the world with my husband who is the hardest working, most loyal man I know.  I could not do any of this with out him beside me.  We get to see things that I never thought I would get to and have so many new experiences together that I will never forget.
I also have the greatest fur babies ever.  They keep me company, and make spending the day at home cuddling when I am sick, or grumpy or lonely so much more enjoyable.  I know this will be Jinx's last Thanksgiving with us, so I am extra thankful to have him today.

There are so many more things that I am blessed to have in this life, but those are the most important.  Again, please take the time to celebrate your gifts today.  I see everyday how lucky we are and how little some people in the world have, yet they are still so happy and make the most out of what they do have.

Enjoy your turkey and time with your family and don't take for granted one minute of it! Next year, you may not have all of those people to celebrate with, or you may be far away from the ones you love, and trust me, you will wish you had all of those moments back!



No comments:

Post a Comment