Image Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

Fab Friday Faves 8.1.14

It has been a crazy 10 days since I got back from Canada... A 12 hour drive to Maine, a wedding, some visiting, and a 12 hour drive back.  All in four days.  It was great (see blog in the near future) and amazing to see Luke and Vanessa get married, but the trip was exhausting!  Since we got back, I have been taking it pretty easy, onus a 10 mile walk through Hoboken yesterday with Nicole (again see a blog in the near future).  I am still missing everyone back home like crazy, but I must admit, it is nice to be back to some normalcy and just being able to chill.  This weekend we are planning a lazy river tubing afternoon with the Marston's but the weather is not looking great.  In any case, here are this weeks Fave Five.  I have to admit though, some of these are not from just this week!  Everyone have a great weekend, and see you next week!






1.  After we had already walked about 7 lies, Nicole and I decided to stop for a very healthy lunch at Napoli's Brick Oven Pizza on Washington St. in Hoboken.  It is owned by the Volpe family who also started my favorite NYC pizzeria, Lombardi's back in 1905.  $7 for two huge slices and a Coke along with a super friendly staff.  Pretty awesome!

2. My parents got me a Ninja Ultima for my birthday, and I managed to bring it back in my suitcase with me, with no issues.  I am so in love with it!  my first test drive was making my tomato gazpacho, and then a strawberry blueberry smote for Josh.  I love it!  Makes life so much easier, although I have sliced myself open pretty good on the blades already!

3.  on our way through Maine this past weekend, we stopped in Kittery at the outlets and for a lunch at Robert's Maine Grill.  I had read about Robert's winning the NYC Lobster Roll Rumble in June and I do love a good lobster roll so we had to stop to test it out.  I totally understand why it was the winner.  Not even kidding, to die for!  If you get a chance, stop in, but get there before the lunch or dinner rush because there was already a line at 1230!

4.  Across the street from our apartment is the Skylark on the Hudson, which has quickly become one of our go to restaurants.  We went the other night just for something light, and on the menu was the Spiked Watermelon Martini.  So good!  I love watermelon and it made for a delicious light sumer drink.

5. Back in Sask, the family made a roatrip to Grandma Doreen's surprise birthday party in Maple Creek.  The party was great and I loved seeing everyone, but honestly, the cake was the best cake I have ever eaten in my life.  I can't even describe it, it was moist and the icing was something out of this world, some sort of buttercream, but not normal buttercream... Just amazing!  I later found out it was made by Frosted Sweets, out of Elkwater, Alberta.  Delish!


Today I am linking up with:

Lauren @ Style Elixir





1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am certainly hungry after looking at your blog. Sounds like a great time, and happy birthday. I am looking for a juicer right now.
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete