Image Map

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

*Recipe* Mediterranean Beef




This is one of my favorite recipes that I have been making for many years.  It is actually the first recipe that I put into the recipe book that my mom got me for high school graduation, all by myself!  It is simple, delicious and packed with as many vegetables as you want.  It is great by itself if you are carb conscious or even better on a bed of rice.  Enjoy!


Ingredients
-1/2 cup water
-1 TBSP cornstarch
-1 tsp dried oregano
-1 tsp beef bouillion powder or 1 cube
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
-1 TBSP olive or vegetable oil
-3/4 LB sirloin steak cut into 1/8 inch strips
-Any vegetables that you want- Onions, peppers, broccoli, carrots, green beans, zucchini, mushrooms etc.
-Grated parmesan cheese


Directions

-Stir water and cornstarch in bowl, add next 5 ingredients.

                                       

                          

-put oil in pan and add beef.  Cook until about medium or medium well.  It will cook up a bit more later and you don't want it to be too tough.  Put into a bowl and set aside.


 -Put veggies in pot and cook until desired doneness.  I hate mine mushy so I cook until they are just not quite crunchy anymore.




-Add mixture to vegetables and then the beef.  Stir and heat everything until hot.  Put into individual bowls and sprinkle on a little parmesan (or a lot, however you like it).



No comments:

Post a Comment