Image Map

Friday, February 6, 2015

Fab Friday Faves 2.6.15

 Good morning darlings!  I totally wasn't planning on doing a post today, seeing as I am on vacation at home in Saskatchewan, but it ended up blizzarding for half of yesterday so I had a chance to do one.  Good thing too, I have so many favourites from this week I that I didn't even scratch the surface.  I'm having a great time with family and I hope you all have an amazing weekend!  I'll be back to the USA on Monday.







1. Part of the reason I came back to SK in the dead of winter for the first time in a long time was for my baby brother's 16th birthday.  It really feels like just yesterday he was the cutest little baby in the world.  He is still cute but he is not so little anymore at 6'5!  I got to spend the day with him and then also go with him on Monday while he got his driver's license!  Congrats to him and I hope he had a great sweet 16!

2. Another part of Saskatchewan winters is the amazing sunrises and sunsets.  I went out yesterday morning to capture this one.  Unfortunately, on my way out of the house I slipped on the icy stairs and flew down them, hurting my neck and hip.  I was still able to function enough to get this picture at least but man my neck is a mess!

3. On Tuesday my friend Michelle from Saskatoon came out to visit for the day and brought her eyelash extensions and set up to do both me and my mom's lashes.  She is very talented and I was so impressed with her work!  Love!  Too bad I won't be around to get a fill but I will enjoy them while they last.  If you are in the Saskatoon area and are interested please comment on this post and I can send her info.  I will also be doing a short blog post on it in the near future.

4. My mom enlightened me to the art of Sharpie marker on plates and mugs etc the other day!  She made Josh and I this gorgeous one for our anniversary.  She also bought a bunch more supplies for us to do some while I am here, hopefully today.  Once again, stay tuned for post on how to do this.  In the meantime, check out some of the cool pieces done like this on Pinterest.

5. My mom and I were in Swift Current earlier in the week and found some very pretty Tulips in Wholesale Club for a steal of a price so we had to get some.  I love tulips because I have always had them growing in my yard, no matter where I have lived and they are always the first sign of spring.  It is currently nowhere near spring here, but we can dream right?


Today I'm linking up with:

Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife
Clare @ Fitting It All In
Nicole @ Adventures of a Wild Sunflower

No comments:

Post a Comment