Image Map

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Liebster Award


Earlier this week I was nominated for a Liebster Award by The Winding Spiral Case, a fellow blogger who is a resident MD in Alberta, Canada.  Check out her blog for study tips from someone who obviously knows lots that work, recipes and day to day life of a resident Doctor.

So I was a bit clueless as to what a Liebster Award was, and the point of the whole concept.  Liebster is the German word for endearment.  The idea of this award is to acknowledge bloggers, especially lesser known ones and helps bloggers discover and connect with others. I love this idea!

The rules are that you must answer ten questions posed by the blogger who nominated you, then nominate eight bloggers (preferable with less than 200 followers) and pose ten new questions to them.  So here I go with my answers!


What is your favorite beverage?:
-I would have to say Caesars for alcoholic and water and the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Winter Dream latte for non alcoholic.

What is the favorite thing about the city that you live in?:
-Jersey City is a very diverse city (actually the most diverse city in the USA) so there are many cultures here which means lots of amazing food.  There are great restaurants and bars all over the place.  We also have one of the best views in the world!  Fun fact: Did you know that Jersey City actually owns the Statue of Liberty, not NYC?


What do you think is one of the most important character traits to have?:
-I would have to say especially lately politeness and regard for others.  I feel like manners in a lot of places have become a thing of the past and it makes me very sad.  Be kind and courteous, it will make you and everyone around you feel so much better!

What is your favorite TV show?:
-hmmm this is a tough one.  I love Live with Kelly and Michael, Elementary and The Affair.  Oh, and the Goldbergs.

What is the story behind your blog name?:
-I am a prairie girl in the big, scary world!  Self explanatory!

What is something awesome that you have seen or experienced?:
-I have been blessed enough to see many awesome and amazing things. Seeing my baby brother for the first time, finding out when I was cancer free, getting engaged and married are more personal ones.  Seeing Machu Picchu and whales breaching with the Napali Coast of Kauai in the background are two big ones as well.

Are you and introvert or extrovert or somewhere in between?:
-I am very much in between, I am shy and actually hate talking in front of more than 2 or 3 people, and I prefer to be around people who can make conversation and are talkers because I am horrible at making conversation.  On the other hand, I like to joke around and am not afraid to confront someone when they make me angry or upset.  I am also not shy about sharing pretty much anything with people that I know well and are close to me.

Are you an early bird or night owl?:
-I think my internal clock is set for being an early bird.  I am always much more awake in the morning and actually very chipper first thing.  When I was working I also got way more work done in the first few hours of the day.  I got to bed early (usually asleep by between 10 and 11) almost all the time except for when I have to be up later.  

What is something on your bucket list?:  
-Pretty much see as much in the world as I possible can!  For specifics, I would love to climb a high mountain (not the highest, or even the 20th highest, but a decently high one), I want to zipline in every country that I go to, and I want to drink wine in the French countryside and Napa Valley.  Oh and I want to hug a sloth and a koala (and any other animal that is huggable).

How many times have you moved in your lifetime and to where?:
I'll do a timeline:  Cypress Hills, SK to Maple Creek, SK to Kyle, SK to Clearwater Lake, SK to the farm at Kyle, SK, to Saskatoon SK, to Canora, SK to Yorkton, SK to Saskatoon, SK to Langham, SK to Long Island City, NY to Langham, SK, to Anchorage, AK, to Lima, Peru, to Jersey City, NJ.  
So a lot of times.  

Here are the blogs I am nominating:

Ashley @ A Cute Angle


And my questions for you all to answer!:

1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is something that makes you smile?
3.What is your most prized possession?
4. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
5. What is your favorite blog post that you have written? (please include the link!)
6. If you won 50 million dollars in the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
7. If you could live anywhere on earth, where would it be?
8. What is something you love about where you grew up?
9. What is your favorite movie of all time?
10. What is one quality about yourself that you feel you need to work on?


Have fun with this ladies!  It is a great way to get to know each other!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya! Yay, I'm so happy that you filled out the questionnaire :) Love your answers! I had no idea NYC didn't own the Statue of Liberty and I want to steal all of your awesome bucket list ideas (especially hugging all the animals!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination, Tanya! I appreciate it. I will try to do the post over the weekend! Thank you for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete