Image Map

Monday, January 26, 2015

A - Z Beauty Challenge

Last week, my friend Nicole over at Adventures of a Wild Sunflower completed the A-Z Beauty Challenge, and then invited me to give it a try.  Basically, I had to come up with a beauty brand and one of the products from the brand that I either like or dislike.  AND, I had to try to find all different ones than Nicole used.

So here is my attempt!  Feel free to give it a try as well, and let me know how you do!

A- Anastasia- I have used both their brow powder, brush and gel trio and the "Brow Whiz" and love them both if you need to fill in your brows or even just add some definition to your face.

B- Benefit- They have many products that I love, from the "They're Real" Mascara, "Bene-Tint" liquid lip and cheek stain to "The Pore-fessional" primer and the "Hello Flawless" pressed powder.  I actually have not used one of their products that I wouldn't recommend.

C- Cynthia Rowley- I have tried the "Beauty Creamy Lipstain" and love the color and staying power, but I find it really dried out my lips, so be sure to have some Chapstick handy to go with it.  Oh, Chapstick, another beauty product I love!

D- Dove- This is one of those classic brands that everyone loves!  One of my favorites is their "Oxygen Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner" which is great for giving my fine, thin hair some boost.  And of course all of their body washes.

E- Egyptian Magic- I am pretty sure this company only has the one product but it has many many uses!  Skin cream, burn healer, lip moisturizer and Eczema relief are just some of the issues that I have used it for.

F- F.A.B (First Aid Beauty)- I have heard nothing but good things about all of their products but I love their "Facial Radiance Pads" and the "Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay" for everyday use.

G- Garnier- They are known for their hair care but one of my favorite BB Creams is their "Miracle Skin Perfector Anti Aging BB Cream".

H- Hairkop- I only tried a small sample of their "Essence Obliphica Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner" and really liked how soft and healthy it made my hair feel.

I- IT Cosmetics- They just had a huge new line come out that I want to try so bad because I love their "Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer".

J- Juice Beauty- I got a sample of their "Organic Green Apple Peel Sensitive" and loved how gentle it was and it left my skin so fresh and clean.

K- Klorane- this is my favorite dry shampoo ever.  My only complaint is that it sprays out with so much pressure that I go through one bottle in just a couple weeks.

L- Laqa & Co.- I don't know much about this brand other than their "Fat Lip Pencils" are one of my favorite lipsticks ever.  My favorite is the "Ring of Fire" red.

M- Marcelle- Another favorite BB creams of mine, the "BB Cream Golden Glow", gives a little color and shimmer and moisturizes very well.  Great for winter.

N- NYC- So many great, reasonably priced items.  I love their "Expert Last Lip Color" and their "City Proof Sticks".

O- OPI- One of the best brands of nail polish with the best color selection out there.  They stay on so well and don't chip or fade the next day.

P- Prestige- I recently picked up a Prestige "Touch Tone Powder to Cream" at Bed Bath and Beyond on a clearance sale and loved it, so when I saw that their "Mineral Powder" was on sale at Duane Reade, I got that too.

Q- Q-Tips- Nicole had a tough time with this one and so did I until I needed to fill up my Q-tip jar!  The ultimate beauty tool and probably one of the most popular ones ever!

R- Regis- I have been using their "Powder Boost Volumizer" for years.  There is nothing better for volume and for backcombing power especially on my fine hair.  I recently started going to a Regis salon in Hoboken and have become addicted to their "Designline Get It Pressed Flat Iron Spray". My hair is so much healthier since using it before I use styling tools on it.

S- Sephora- They have some great products, which are similar quality to name brands and usually cheaper!  I love their "blush" and "Cream Lip Stain", it stays on forever!

T- Tom Ford- Even though his products are super expensive I want to try them so bad!  His lipsticks look amazing but I can't bring myself to spend 40 dollars on one.  I do however have his "Neroli Portofino Body Spray" and it is my favorite scent of life.

U- Urban Decay- Nicole used this but I just can't think of anything else!  I love their "Sin Eye Shadows" and would love to try their lipsticks.

V- Vansanti- one of my favorite facial cleansers ever is their "Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator". they ale have a makeup line that I am dying to try.

W- WEN- I haven't actually tried this brand, but the infomercials that are constantly on early morning TV sure make the products seem amazing and I have heard nothing but amazing things about the "Cleansing Conditioner".

X- Really, if you know of something that starts with X please let me know.

Y- Yu-Be- I got a tiny sample of their "Moisturizing Body Lotion" in my Birchbox, and actually got several uses out of this tiny little tube.  Highly recommended if you want to pay for it!

Z- Zest- Have to go with another classic here!  Their new more womanly body wash scents are so delicious smelling!  And you know they are great quality!



There we go!  I did it!  Well almost.  If you feel like giving it a try it is actually pretty fun.   Once again, thanks to Birchbox haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment