Image Map

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Week Late Year In Review

I had decided that I wasn't going to do the "Year In Review Post" that so many bloggers do, but a couple days ago I was looking through my blogs from the last year, and I realized that I really did have a pretty epic year!  So I thought I would just share some highlights I know there are a lot of photos, but I actually edited out about half of the ones I wanted to put in. I also included the link to the blog about each event if you feel like learning more.   I hope everyone enjoys it, and I have to thank all of the amazing people that made my last year so amazing! xo

I started off my year with two of the most amazing women, Sandra and Jules at the Westin Hotel in Lima, Peru.  Such a fantastic way to bring in the new year!


Early in the month was one of the scariest days of my life.  My precious Jinx decided he could fly, and fell 7 floors from our apartment in Miraflores.  We searched for about 15 hours, and had so many awesome people help us look for him, and late that night we got a call from a security guard across the street that they had found him hiding under a tarp.  His hip was broken, but after a couple months of healing he is now back to his normal self!



I got to go to Caral, the oldest city in the Americas where I also met some amazing new friends.


I started getting acupuncture in Chinatown which help me with my migraines like nothing else I have ever tried!


Josh and I went fishing on a small boat in the Pacific Ocean and caught over 20lbs of Smelt.  I got really sea sick but it was a great time and the fish were fantastic!


I went to the second largest cemetery in the world in Lima.  There are over two million people buried there, and even people that live there. 


Josh and I got to hang out at the Canadian Embassy in Lima to watch the Canadian Men's Olympic hockey team take on the American team and win!


I had two amazing birthday parties with the best people!



Josh and I went to some Peruvian Football matches, so much fun!


Nicole came to visit,  and while she was visiting I decided to get a fish pedicure and I loved it!



I got to go to a fancy Kentucky Derby party with most of my favorite women that I met in Lima as kind of a going away party.


We left Peru and went to Fort Lauderdale for a week to unwind, pretty much in love with the place!


While we were there we went to the Everglades and I saw my first gators in the wild!


We got a new truck!


Josh took me to the Bay of Fundy.  It was amazing and my first time in New Brunswick.


We moved to Jersey City, NJ to our new home and this view!


We got to got to Carlos Bakeshop.  Some of the best pastries ever!


I went home to Saskatchewan for a month, and got to celebrate my mom's birthday at my favorite winery, hang out with my brother and all my great friends and family.



We got to attend the wedding of Luke and Vanessa in Maine.  We had a great time and gained a sister!


Josh and I went river tubing on the Delaware River with the Marstons.


Nicole and I got New Jersey (and probably one of Americas) largest slices of pizza at Tudinos.


Josh and I spent the weekend in the Poconos.  One of the most gorgeous places on earth!


We went North to Lake George, NY,  camping for a weekend and went on a really cool riverboat tour.


 We got to see this amazing sight on 9/11.


I got to see two of my favorite performers, Enrique and Pitbull.


My best friend Miranda came to visit for 12 days.  We played the "BIG" piano in FAO Schwartz.


Went to the Central Perk.


 got matching tattoos!


Saw Chris Noth, from Sex and the City.


And saw No Doubt, Carrie Underwood, Jay-z and Beyonce among many others at the Global Citizen Festival.

Went to the Statue of Liberty for the first time.



Josh and I went to see Dwight Yoakam and Eric Church.  Love them both!



Josh and I went out for a day in the autumn NJ countryside and went apple picking.  So much fun!


Nicole and I were in the city for a walk and ran into Anderson Cooper.


The cats were lions for Halloween.


Josh and I spent a weekend in Philly.  We ran up the Rocky steps.


Saw the Liberty Bell.


And had the best Cheesesteak ever!


When we got back, I found out that my lovely cousin Amanda, who was in NYC for the weekend had gotten engaged!  I had the privilege of snapping some engagement photos for the happy couple.


I also got to drink champagne with them in Tiffany while they waited to pick up the ring.


One day while waking in the city, I got to watch "A Miracle on 34th Street" on 34th Street.  So cool!



My parents came to visit for a few days and there was nothing better than showing them around the city and hanging out in Central Park.


And going to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.


And to the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular.


And taking my parents to their first NFL game, Jets vs Dolphins.


Nicole and I needed to take a bunch of packages to the post office, so we called a cab.  When we got to the post office the trunk was stuck shut.  Long story short, We ended up in a chop shop in the ghetto for 2 hours until they just cut the trunk open.


Josh surprised me and took me to the Hamptons for our two year anniversary.  I am so in love with this place!  We did some wine tasting, ate some great food and went out to Montauk to the lighthouse from my favorite show "The Affair".



 We went to the Transiberian Orchestra, something I have wanted to do my entire life.  They were so great!


I got to celebrate Christmas in NYC for the first time.  No better tie to be in this city!




We also spent NYE in Manhattan with some of our best friends.  We are so blessed and we had so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment