Image Map

Friday, May 6, 2016

Fab Friday Faves 5.6.16

Good morning Friday lovers!  I am going to keep it short and sweet, it is far too nice here at the house in Florida to spend it on the laptop all morning!  Obviously we made it back and have been enjoying the house.  Josh's Dad Toby and Joanne got in yesterday afternoon so we have been busy showing them the ropes and having some fun for Cinco de Mayo.  We had a crazy storm in Maryland before we left, like really crazy, like almost tornado crazy, and we were right in the middle of it.  A little excitement there anyway.  Of course I was out on the balcony the whole time taking pictures haha.  Alright, I need to go get ready for the day, so have a good one!


1. Yesterday was cinch de Mayo, and we are lucky enough to live very close to Dunedin, which has one of the largest Cinco De Mayo festivals in Florida.  Josh and I started a bit earlier with a Margarita and Mexican beer and my favorite meal from Publix, fried chicken (amazing fried chicken) and Quinoa salad (currently my favorite food and I bought $25 worth).  When Toby and Jo got settled we headed down to Dunedin and continued the party.  The parade was really cool, the band was epic and I ended up with a Sombrero.  Great night!


2. When I got home I was super pumped to see how much my plants and trees had progressed and changed.  My Plumeria has huge leaves and an open bloom and my Pineapple baby is growing to deliciousness.  The tree that I really thought was dead is full of leaves and looking great.  And we set up the pool area this time and it looks so pretty!


3. I signed up for a virtual run online through Full Medal Runs and Wednesday before we left I did my first semi organized 5k run.  It was organized for May the Fourth and was called "Awaken the Fourth and Run"  I had a great time and got a bib and this rely sweet medal!

 4. I have been entering this contest put on my Aroma2go, an essential oils company that I follow on Instagram.  I think this was about my 4th time reposting their photo and this week I finally ended up winning this cool aromatherapy wrap!  Super excited for it to arrive and curl up with it on when I have a migraine (not excited for the migraine, but always excited for something new that helps a bit!)


5. On Saturday while Josh and Jason went fishing, Nicole and I went in to Alexandria, VA for the day.  We hit up the farmer's market, the stores on the main street and of course, Trader Joes.  We also stopped at The Warehouse for lunch, and I got this massive (the pic doesn't even do it justice) lobster Cobb salad.  It was delicious!  We also stopped at the Sugar Shack before we left for amazing iced Latte's and donuts!  yum!  I absolutely love Alexandria!


Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of A Real Housewife
Erika @ A Little Bit of Everything
April @ A. Liz Adventures
Tif @ Bright On A Budget
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife




No comments:

Post a Comment