Image Map

Friday, May 29, 2015

Fab Friday Faves 5.29.15

Hello Friday!  I hope everyone had a great week, and all my US friends have recovered from the long weekend.  I had a good weekend, did some packing and knocked a few things off the list of things to do before we leave.  I can't believe how fast time is flying, I can't even think about it!  Everyone enjoy the weekend and enjoy the weather.







1.  Yesterday, Josh and I went down to the pre-opening of the observatory in the Freedom tower.  I had gotten tickets in a draw a couple weeks ago to be one of the first people up, the day before it actually opened.  The building is breathtaking and they have so many amazing multimedia features.  Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate so we didn't have much of a view, but just being inside seeing everything was really cool.

2. On Saturday, Josh was going golfing, so I decided to check out one of the places on my must see list.  The Woolworth building in the Financial District of Manhattan was the world's tallest building for 17 years when it was built.  It is really beautiful and whimsical and an amazing place.  I got a tour from a woman that has spent a large part of her life studying the building so I learned a lot!  The building is very private so only a few people a day are let in so it was almost empty and great for some exploring.  Check back next week for a blog with all the details!

3. A few days ago I was on a blog about Jersey City, and stumbled across the Surf City bar, only about 1.5 miles from our apartment.  Sadly, we had never heard about this amazing place before!  It is a huge mostly outdoor bar on the marina overlooking the Hudson and Liberty State park.  There are three massive outdoor beach bars as well as a real manmade beach, fire pit and beer garden seating inside as well.  The weather was awesome so we wandered over Wednesday afterwork.  Love!

4. Also on our way home on Wednesday Josh and I stumbled upon this classy car.... Enough said.

5. We had to do Sunday brunch in Manhattan and went to a place called Boulton and Watt old style hipster joint in the East Village right across the street from Katz's Deli.  We both got Eggs Benedict and mine was the  "braised short rib and bone marrow, Bordelaise sauce on country bread." Amazing!  They also have a huge selection of pickles, some of which I brought home.


Today I'm linking up with:

Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Nicole @ Adventures of a Wild Sunflower
Lauren @ Style Elixir
April @ A. Liz Adventures
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife
Clare @ Fitting It All In

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! That car is hilarious! So spiffy. #LifeGoals And love stumbling on new restaurants and fun places. Sounds like such a fun week! Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete