Image Map

Friday, March 11, 2016

Fab Friday Faves 3.11.16

Good morning and happy Friday!  This week has been gorgeous here, FINALLY!  It was actually record breaking heat two days this week with temperatures almost hitting 80F (around 26C) so I made sure to enjoy it with some long walks and sitting on our new patio furniture.  Last weekend was my birthday weekend and Saturday was fantastic, I was totally spoiled and enjoyed a great day in DC and quiet night watching UFC at home.  The week was in whole very quiet, but since the weather was nice I didn't get cabin fever quite so bad.  I did also take Smudge to the vet for her six month checkup, her thyroid condition is getting worse, but we have added another pill every day and hopefully that will get her regulated and feeling better.  I am headed to the house in Florida for a week on Sunday and am of course really excited!  I wish Josh could come with me but I will still enjoy the warm weather and have a few fun things planned for when I am there.

Everyone enjoy your week and have a very happy St. Patrick's Day!



1. My birthday. I got some amazing gifts, had some delicious food and drinks and had an awesome relaxing day doing some exploring and shopping and watching UFC.


2. Dr. Granville Moore's in DC was an amazing place that Josh found for us to go for brunch on my birthday.  I love brunch, especially when I can try amazing dishes like my crispy pork belly on grits with a poached egg and syrup.  One of my favorite brunches ever!


3. Nicole and I finally found our Carrot Cake Kisses at Walmart.  Apparently they are only sold there.  I am not a person who loves sweets, I'd rather have chips or something salty but these are amazing!  I seriously could sit and eat a whole bag!


4. I love Miz Moos shoes and in the last couple months they have released the cutest new shoes for spring and I want them all!  I got a cute pair of Mary Janes for Christmas and they are so comfy and cute.


5.  every moment that i have spent inside this week has been spent watching the 2016 Brier.  All the Americans reading this probably won't know what this is, but it is pretty much the largest men's Curling event in Canada.  I am of course cheering for team Laycock from Saskatchewan who unfortunately is not going to make it into the playoffs so I am now cheering for the Jacobs team from Northern Ontario!  Good luck to all the teams!

Today I'm linking up with:

Erika @ A Little Bit of Everything
Katie @ Cup of Tea
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Jennie @ The Diary of A Real Housewife
Amy @ The Farmer's Wife
April @ A. Liz Adventures


3 comments:

  1. Such a fun recap. That brunch food looks so tasty!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever seen Curling during the Olympics. Looks like a sport I'd play for fun. Those Carrot Cake Kisses look yummy but I doubt I buy a bag, cuz I'd eat it all!

    ReplyDelete