Image Map

Friday, March 25, 2016

Fab Friday Faves 3.25.16

Happy Good Friday friends!  Easter is so early this year, I feel like I'm not quite ready for it but I do love Easter, not only for it's true meaning but I love pastels and bunnies and chicks and all things cute!  I got back from Florida on Monday night, sad of course but happy to be back to Josh and Smudge.  My last few days there were lovely and relaxing, I really love our house.  The week has been quiet here.  Lots of the gym and walking and just getting back to normal.

This weekend we are heading into DC to see the cherry blossoms, which I am crazy excited for, they peaked yesterday so they should still be really breathtaking.  Hopefully we can also get some good food and take in the sites.  Sunday will be the ham dinner and fixins, which is always delicious.  Have a safe and happy Easter everyone, filled with family and fun and remembering the real reason for the day.  Also a very Happy birthday to my grandma Mean Jean tomorrow!

1.  I have been collecting some pots and stuff for the last while, and starting some seeds in the apartment.  today finally I went and got some herbs and flowers and veggies to get my mini balcony garden started.  I am so happy, I haven't been able to do this since I was back in Saskatchewan.  It doesn't take the place of a nice big garden but regardless I am really excited!


2. I got addicted to this Publix Quinoa Salad when we bought the house and had a Publix on the corner as our closest grocery store.  It is light and refreshing and so delicious and has quinoa obviously, craisins, pepitas, lemon juice, orange pulp, peanuts and some other secret ingredients.  I even brought some back to Maryland to me.  I have found some copycat recipes and I have the ingredient list so I'm hoping I can do a almost exact copy of it.  If any other lovers of this salad can help me out I would appreciate it!


3. last Friday I went to downtown Dunedin, one of my favorite downtowns that I have ever been to, and took in the Farmer's Market, the pier and finally tried Strachan's Ice Cream, which is famous in the Tampa area and tried their new carrot cake ice cream.  I have mentioned before how much I love carrot cake and it is just as amazing in ice cream form!  I will be going back to Strachan's as soon as possible as well for their key lime and coconut creams pies and all their other awesome desserts and treats.


4. Yesterday I colored some eggs.  I really still enjoy coloring eggs. This years were not super creative but they turned out cute.  I eat hard boiled eggs every day and I always look forward t other even more for the week after Easter when they are so pretty.


5.  I am not really a bath person, but I have my lovely big bathtub at the house and feel like I should make use of it.   After a couple days of yard work and walking miles, it really felt amazing, and so relaxing!


Today I'm linking up with:







No comments:

Post a Comment