Image Map

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Birthday!

So, it was my 33rd birthday on Saturday, and like every year for the past few I have got to celebrate it in an new exciting place.  This time a large part of it was spent in Washington, DC and as usual it was awesome.  

It started off with me being spoiled, as usual.




 Everything I got was beautiful and what I wanted.  Beach signs for the house from Nicole, Flowers, Blow dryer, Fit Bit Alta (not released yet), necklace, flowers, yankee Candle and Godiva chocolates from Josh, Anchor Necklace from my parents, Chrissy Tiegen Cravings cookbook from Steph and Steve and Earrings and Ketchup chis from Luke and Vanessa.


Beautiful flowers from Josh and they just keep getting prettier.


Necklaces from Josh and my parents and earrings from Luke and Vanessa.  


Smudge had to help.  


I really wanted to go for a delicious brunch at a cool place, so Josh found Dr. Granville Moore's in DC which is supposed to be one of the best brunches in the city.  And it was!  They also had a pretty great Bacon Bloody Mary.  I honestly could eat just brunch every day for the rest of my life and I would be a happy and probably grossly obese woman.


Grits, Crispy Pork Belly and an egg on top.  This is on my top 5 best brunch in the US list for sure.


Josh's fried chicken and country gravy was pretty epic too.


After brunch we thought we would go to the outlets to get us both some new runners, but we made a stop at national Harbor first.  So fun here!







An actual Peeps store.  We don't care for Peeps but the store was really cool.  They had huge walls filled with machines with tons of flavors of Mike and Ikes and Hot Tamales and tons of really cute merchandise.



 We stopped in at the Walrus Oyster and Ale for a drink, we can''t wait to come back here for some oysters when we aren't stuffed.



And since it was my birthday, we had to get a cupcake at Pretty Girl Cupcakes!  I got the birthday cake one and Josh got the Snickerdoodle one.  They are on my top five cupcake list too.  Yum!


 
Smudge even loved them!


We spent a couple hours at the outlets, but left pretty much empty handed. Josh didn't find any he liked and apparently every style of running shoe that I wanted was sold out in size 8.5.

We had planned on going out to watch the UFC in the evening but we decided to just order  it on PPV.  It probably evens out on cost by the time you fact in food and drinks and having to sit in a bar for like five hours haha.  We ordered a pizza and some wings ad had a great little UFC party.  The only crappy part was Conor losing!

Thanks so much to everyone for the birthday wishes and especially to Josh for the great day!


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a great one. Nice gifts. I've never heard of Ketchup Chips...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a happy birthday! And I loved pretty much every brunch place I tried in the District. The Madhatter is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete