Image Map

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

*Recipe* Lasagne Stuffed Shells

Buenos Noches Amigos!

I'm a little under the weather today but I thought I would share one of my new favorite recipes.

It is another Pinterest recipe that I made last week for dinner.  I got it here Lasagna Stuffed Shells.

This recipe makes a LOT! I halfed the recipe and still ended up with 2 full meals.

Lasagna Stuffed Shells
Ingredients

1/2 pound Sweet Italian Sausage (I used turkey sausage)
1/2 pound Ground Beef (I used ground chicken)
1 box Jumbo Pasta Shells (there are no jumbo shells in Peru so I used Cannelloni and they worked great)
16 ounces Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tablespoon Parsley
Sauce
1 (28 ounce) can Crushed Tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can Tomato Paste
2 (6.5 ounce) cans Tomato Sauce
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Onion, minced
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 tablespoon Basil

Instructions

In a large pan brown the ground beef and sausage over medium high heat. Drain and remove from heat.
In a second saucepan saute the garlic and onions in a little olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce then bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Meanwhile cook pasta shells according to box.
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Mix ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, the egg, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Mix in the cooled meat mixture then mix in 1+ cups of the cooled sauce.
Cover the bottom of two baking dishes with the remaining tomato sauce. Fill the pasta shells with the cheesy meat mixture and place in the baking dishes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella evenly over top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment