Image Map

Friday, August 9, 2013

I'm Finally Here!

     Well, after months of talking about creating a blog, I have finally stopped procrastinating and designated this afternoon to playing around on Blogger and starting off very simply (I can't even get my own photos for a background image to work).  As much as I like Facebook, I feel like I can't really tell people what is going on with me and get into any details, and honestly, I don't think that most people even care or look at my photos that I put up.  On here, it is up to you, the reader if you want to look at the photos or read my posts, and I am hoping that my close friends and family at least will take the time to do that because, there really is some funny and interesting things that happen and usually by the time I get home, I forget to tell people these things.  So, if I can at least remember them long enough to get them on here, then everyone can enjoy them without me having to tell seven different people.

     I guess I will catch people up on who I am in case I get anybody that doesn't know me that well, or at all, stumbles across my page.  I suppose I could just add that to my profile, but I will do that later.

     I am 30 years old, from Kyle, Saskatchewan, Canada and am currently living in Miraflores, Lima, Peru.  Why am I in Peru you may ask?  Well, my husband is working here, commissioning a power plant an hour south of Lima (he is a commissioning engineer). We travel all over the place, but this is our first job that has taken us out of the US/Canada so it is a totally new experience.  Seeing as I am not working while we are here (not too many things i can do here not knowing any more than basic Spanish) I get a chance to do a lot of exploring and get to see some amazing, interesting and sometimes insane things.  The culture here is so different that things that are normal to people here, are shocking and sometimes hilarious to me as a foreigner. I plan on giving examples of these things when they happen, on my blog but seeing as I have been here over 3 months, there has been many of these moments already.   So I may just throw a random story up here every now and then of a previous experience.  I currently have no idea how long we are going to be here (in the last week I have heard 4 completely different time frames) but I plan on keeping up with my blog no matter where we go.

     So bear with me and let me get used to this whole "blogging" thing.  It is totally new to me, and I am not sure I will be good at it or if it will be interesting at all.  If anything, I hope it will give some insight to my everyday life, as boring or crazy as it can be.  So enjoy and if anyone has any comments or tips for me please feel free to let me know!

I saw this VW bus this morning when I went out for my run.  I think it is worthy of being my first Peru photo that I put up, mostly because it is not just awesomely painted, but comes complete with a huge dreamcatcher hanging from the side mirror.


1 comment:

  1. I love it! It really is a great way to keep all friends and family informed about whats going on without sending the same email to 500 different people.. plus there is no pressure, you can stop in at your leisure and tell what you want and leave out what you don't! I think you will be great at it, I look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete