Image Map

Sunday, August 11, 2013

EXCITING WEEKEND?!

Greetings from a quiet Sunday evening...

     I hope everyone had a great weekend, especially those of you that spent it out at the Kyle Community Rodeo.  This is the first year in a very long time that I have missed it and it made me a little sad and a bit more homesick.  Josh and I did have a nice weekend though, he hasn't had a full weekend off since I got to Peru at the start of May. We started the day with a morning trip to the Bioferia (farmer's market) and got some fresh produce and other treats.  I look forward to every Saturday because I love it there!   We also went to Jockey Plaza, which is a part indoor, part open air mall about a 20 minute cab ride from our apartment.  It has mostly American and European stores and restaurants so it is a nice taste of home.  English music playing in the stores and clothing and accessories I recognize and a newly opened Coach store!  For anyone who knows me, you know this is exciting for me.  We did some shopping as I have been looking for a denim shirt. We didn't find one I liked but it was nice to shop!  We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and got those yummy drinks in the glasses to take home and had a tasty American meal.



I also always love looking at the memorabilia at Hard Rock, here are a couple of my faves.





     We also went out for drinks with a couple of Josh's coworkers in the evening which was fun, we started at the bar at the JW Marriot hotel which is pretty ritzy and the drinks are expensive but soooooo tasty. There were even a couple wedding parties having their photos taken on the spiral staircase in the bar.  We headed home to bed early, because we are lame but, I love going to sleep early!

     We headed out this morning to a restaurant called La Mora, which I had went to with the lovely Mariya earlier in the week.  The brunch menu looked great, and they had some American dishes which are VERY hard to find here.  I got the Eggs Benedict and oh boy it was DELICIOUS.  In my top 5 Eggs Benny for sure. 


     That was pretty much it for our day, I have a bit of a migraine so we came home, I took a migraine pill, and for some reason it knocked me out.  They usually don't do that to me, but it turned me into a non functioning pile of goo so I had a little nap then we watched "Hansel and Gretel" which I actually really like, which is saying a lot because I really don't like movies all that much.  


*So I just realized this was a very boring blog, I promise they will be more exciting from now on!  Apparently my weekend was more exciting in my head haha.* 




No comments:

Post a Comment