Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

*Recipe* Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

     Another dreary afternoon in Lima (will there ever be sun?) and I STILL have my migraine just bad enough to make me want to lay in bed and do nothing.  What better to make the day a little brighter than some cookies?  This recipe is courtesy of Mariya from her blog My.Craft.Affair.  I made them last week, but they make a very small batch and they mysteriously disappeared very quickly.  I also tried a batch yesterday but only had half of the peanut butter required so I substituted with Nutella.  DO NOT do that.  It makes them super runny and they melt down to nothing when baked.  Even after I added almost a cup of ground flax seed.

     They are super quick and easy and have no flour or added sugar, so I like to think they are healthy.  That is how I justify eating 4 at a time anyway.  HAHA

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

makes about a dozen regular size cookies 


1 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (no chocolate chips in Peru so I bought a chocolate bar and smashed it up)
I also added about 2 tbsp of ground flax seed, but I think you could use nuts or oatmeal or anything

  •  Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil of choice and/or grease it. 
  • Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together [hold off on the c.chips for now]. When combined, mix in the chocolate chips.
  • Using a cookie scoop or just a tablespoon, drop batter on to cookie sheet, this batter is stickier than normal cookie batter, but just go with it.
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes (Watch them closely). Take them out of the oven and let them cool for another 10 minutes. This is important, because they need to set up and harden a bit.
  • After the 10 minutes have passed pour yourself a glass of milk and eat up! When they have cooled completely, if there's any left, store them in an airtight container.



2 comments:

  1. Hey I just saw this lol. I was on your FB looking for that video about driving in Peru haha. I'm glad you ended up making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god I have made like 10 batches! Josh loves them!

    ReplyDelete