Happy Friday darlings! It has been a quiet week so far, just recovering from my crazy two weeks with Miranda and getting the apartment and life back to normal. Most of my faves this week are from last week since i really haven't been doing much lately. I expect next week will be quiet as well, but I will be back with more from Miranda's visit. So everyone have a great weekend, and we will see you soon!
1. Aladdin the Musical on Broadway. I really didn't know what to expect from this, but the reviews were awesome and Miranda really wanted to go. Well, I was honestly awestruck. It was unbelievably amazing. I can't even describe how great it was. The acting, the backdrops... It was pure magic. I cannot recommend this show enough! I even cried during "A Whole New World"!
2. Lena Dunham is an amazing actresss and writer on the HBO show "Girls" so I was so excited when I found out she was coming out with a book. Her book was released on Sept 30 and I was at Target by noon that day to buy it. I had found out the day before that she was having a book release party at the Barnes and Nobles in Union Square but it was sold out and the only way to get in was to go at Dawn to try to wait for a wristband. It was the day Miranda was leaving and I was just too exhausted! I haven't finished the book yet, but I love it! It is all about her experiences with dating, sex and life. So raw and so real!
3. As you may know, I am a big fan of monthly boxes that come in the mail filled with samples. So when I saw Graze I knew I would love it. When I got 2 free ones in the mail (hoping it was a mistake and I didn't subscribe twice) I was super pumped! They are filled with samples of fun, healthy snacks like nut mixes and trail mixes. I just ate the jelly donut one pictured and it is so good! If you are interested in giving it a try go to Graze Box sample and it will help me get some free too :)
4. I got this super cute shirt out at Coney Island last week. Love this place and can't wait to wear this shirt as the weather gets cooler!
5. I love cookbooks, cats and buying things that the proceeds go to a good cause so when I saw one of my favorite cat rescues, Blind Cat Rescue and Sanctuary were closing sales on their cookbook I couldn't procrastinate anymore and had to get it. This charity is phenomenal and was started in 2005 to rescue blind, FELV+ and FIV+ cats all over the US. These cats were needlessly being put down because they were deemed unadoptable. It gives these cats a forever home where they can live normal, happy lives. The cookbook is huge and packed with hundreds of recipes. The sales for it have since closed, but you can always donate to this great charity or send things to them off their amazon wish list. They also have their 2014 Raffle going on right now with some great prizes.
Today I'm linking up with:
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Clare @ Fitting It All In
Karli @ September Farm
Lauren @ The Lauren Elizabeth