Image Map

Friday, October 24, 2014

Fab Friday Faves 10.24.14

Good morning and happy Friday darlings!  I don't have much time to chat today because we are finally going to have a nice, sunny, warm day!  The last two have been utterly miserable, a Nor'Easter rolled in with crazy wind and rain and was awful!  Actually, the last three days really have been super quiet.  The weekend and Monday were great (see probably my next post on Monday) but I'm getting cabin fever, so Nicole and I are headed over to Hoboken in a few hours to spend her birthday gift card and get some much needed sunshine.  Everybody have a fantastic weekend and please be safe!~







 1.  I'm sure everyone that is reading this has heard about the recent tragedy in Ottawa.  Such an unnecessary, tragic and senseless act that has really made the idea of terrorism hit home for a lot of Canadians.  I am a very proud Canadian and am disgusted, as I am when it happens to the US, that people that are so eager to enjoy the freedoms and perks of living in our countries, can do something to try to destroy them and strike fear in the people that love and respect what the countries stand for.  I have a lot more to say on this topic, but what I do want to say has no place on a post that is supposed to be fun and happy.  Be strong Canada, terrorism can never take our sense of security and spirit.  I am a proud Canadian and my number one Friday Favorite is this amazing country and the what it stands for.

2.  On Friday, josh and I went to Madison Square Garden to see one of my childhood crushes, Dwight Yoakam and one of the best country singers of today, Eric Church.  This was an amazing concert and the atmosphere was so fun and intense.  Both artists as well as their opener Brandy Clark, put on one hell of a show.  If you get the chance, check out the Outsiders tour!

3. On Sunday, we just had to go down to the lower east side of Manhattan for Pickle Day.  A ton of Pickle Makers and food vendors set up with everything you could imagine made with some sort of pickled item.  It was so much fun and, as a huge pickle fan I loved everything!  Pictured are Josh and I with the Dill Pickle Cupcake and the Maple Bacon cupcake from Sweet Buttons.  They were both amazing, and you would have to try them to understand.  Just fantastic.  This is an annual event, so if you get a chance next year, check it out.

4. This Forever 21 southwest print scarf is a steal for $14.80 and so warm and cozy and cute.  I'm just waiting for some colder (but not rainy) weather so I can actually comfortably wear it out!

5.  On Monday, Nicole and I wandered into our favorite area of Manhattan, Soho, to check out the Birchbox store.  We are both obsessed with Birchbox so we were like two giggly school girls while we were there.  We both custom built our own sample boxes and got a couple other things for good measure.  So much fun!


Today I'm Linking up with:

Lauren @ The Lauren Elizabeth
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Karli @ September Farm
Clare @ Fitting It All In
Jenny @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
Nicole @ Adventures of a Wild Sunflower


1 comment:

  1. A Birchbox store?!?! Awesome!!! Love the scarf. So sorry to hear about what happened in Ottawa. Thinking about you and your family!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete