Yello, Happy Halloween Boo, to all of you today! I actually love Halloween. I am probably one of the biggest horror movie fans there is and I love dressing up and decorating. Unfortunately, this year, I never got in to the spirit all, I bought some pumpkins and gourds but that's about it! We live in a small apartment, and I can't imagine we will get any trick or treaters as there are no kids on our floor, so I didn't really feel like it was worth it. We also don't have anyone to go out with tonight to dress up with so that took away the need to dress up even though there are a million things going on in NYC. In any case, I will be Halloweening in spirit, and you can bet that I'll be having a horror movie marathon again tonight like I have been the whole week. Everyone have fun and be safe tonight! Eat lots of candy for me (and if you are generous you could send me some!)
1. Wednesday was International Cat Day, and anyone that knows me knows I LOVE cats, especially my fur babies Jinx in Smudge. In honor of the day I bought these adorable PJs and underwear at Forever 21. The jammies were 12.50 for the set and the panties were 3.00. So cute, and of course, here are my babies! Love this picture of them taken by the talented (and my sister in law) Vanessa Budreau.
2. Last Saturday, Josh and I went out to the NJ country and did a few things including apple picking at Valley Crest Farms near Lebanon, NJ. This place was gorgeous! Not only do that apple picking (and peaches, raspberries, blackberries etc earlier in the season), in the summer they have every vegetable you could think of that they grow right there. It is also a riding stable, learn to wood carve with a chain saw booth as well as other activities year round and has the most incredible view.
3. This morning, Nicole and I were walking to SOHO through Washington Square Park and look who we ran into, the Silver Fox himself, Anderson Cooper. He is so talented and cute! I managed to snap a picture and ask him how he was, but never asked for a picture with him dammit! Still, we were a bit starstruck and it was a great celeb sighting!
4. Another beautiful autumn photo from our trip to the country. A lot of places were almost passed their prime as far as the pretty colored leaves go, but man, a few places were still breathtaking! I come from the prairie without many trees, and the trees we do have are evergreens or Poplars (only turn yellow) so I am still enthralled with the true beauty or the season.
5. Pretty much right outside my door is a great restaurant called the Skylark on the Hudson and tucked in the corner of the Skylark is a small Kobrick Coffee shop. I've never really payed too much attention, but a couple weeks ago they set out their sign for their Autumn drinks. Finally this week I tried their Pumpkin Pie Latte and it was one of the best lattes I have ever had! Super impressed and I will be going back soon to try the Jack 'O Latte!
Today I am linking up with:
Nicole @ Adventures of a Wild Sunflower
Lauren @ Style Elixir
Lauren @ The Lauren Elizabeth
Clare @ Fitting it all In
Jennie @ The Diary of A Real Housewife
Amy @ The Farmers Wife
Christina @ Carolina Charm